Another Windshield Question/Have any of you tried the Memphis (Santa Cruz or Malibu) - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Another Windshield Question/Have any of you tried the Memphis (Santa Cruz or Malibu)

Was doing some thinking (I know thats dangerous) and some web-surfing came across the Memphis (Santa Cruz and Malibu) shields, thought the graident black would go great with the SE. Just can't decide if I want to be the guine pig for this test!!!

Anyone have any experience with either of these? I know they are 4-point handle bar mount but it appears from what I can see in the photos the bottom mount actually mount to the fork tubes.

What say you guys?

2016 Indian Dark Horse Chief w/Distressed tan leather
2010 VN 900 Custom SE Tourer
F&S SE Back Rest w/3" extensions
Roadkrome Sturgis Hardbags
Corbin Dual Tourer
Turn Signals w/Smoke Covers
Genmar Risers
Black Mirrors
Black 09 SE Pipes Stage 2 De-baffle
Blacked-Out Handlebar Controls
2008 HD FLH Fairing w/stereo and 6in shield
CC Crash Bar Black
Passenger and driver Floor Boards (Chrome)
Pirelli 200 Rear&90/90 Front

USCG CWO (Ret)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

No one has anything, good, bad or indifferent?

2016 Indian Dark Horse Chief w/Distressed tan leather
2010 VN 900 Custom SE Tourer
F&S SE Back Rest w/3" extensions
Roadkrome Sturgis Hardbags
Corbin Dual Tourer
Turn Signals w/Smoke Covers
Genmar Risers
Black Mirrors
Black 09 SE Pipes Stage 2 De-baffle
Blacked-Out Handlebar Controls
2008 HD FLH Fairing w/stereo and 6in shield
CC Crash Bar Black
Passenger and driver Floor Boards (Chrome)
Pirelli 200 Rear&90/90 Front

USCG CWO (Ret)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 PM

I have a Memphis, but it is the Hellcat 2 point. I really like the look of the gradient.

They are kind of particular about what you can clean it with though....

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:25 PM

Not to bring back a long ago thread but rather than start a new on i figured I would ask here.

It has been about a year since this was asked, has anyone tried either of these windshields? My 06 900 classic has a light bar on it that makes windshield mounting difficult So I was looking at the malibu. Would love to hear good o bad experiences Hopefully more good than bad though.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:20 PM

I had a Malibu on my 86 Shadow. Great windshield, looked great and the mounts were top notch and very secure. I ended up cutting about 2" off the top (I am 5'5") but other than that I loved it. Wanted to get another for my Custom SE but it wouldn't look right to me...too wide and large.

How am I ? Could be Better, Could be Worse!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 12:22 AM

Thanks DarkCruzer.. I went ahead and ordered it should be he in a day or so. I will post back hopefully with some pictures good or bad.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Vaquero ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700 cc
Color: Candy Cardinal Red
Garage
I have a gradient Memphis Shades Big Top on my Custom. My advice is: FOLLOW THEIR CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS!. The tint they use bleaches out if you use the wrong cleaner. Also the coating (mylar?) crazes and looks terrible with the sun on it. All because I failed to follow the manufacturer's advice and used automotive windshield cleaner.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 PM

I have the 4 point Memphis Shades no-tool trigger-lock hardware kit for Sportshields for the Memphis Shades BIG SHOT Windshield. Works great. Windshield off in 15 seconds, may twice the time to put on, another few seconds to double check securely latched down.

Yes attaches to the top of the forks, works great. Took me maybe 30 to 45 minutes to get put on, get lined up correctly. Of course, I'm the mechanical type where if I just pick up a screwdriver my wife has to call Homeland Security. 'Cause only God knows what mass destruction I might cause with a tool in my hand. Should be easier for most others. Solid, no problems. I like that.

09 Orange Vulcan 900 Custom
Mustang Vintage Seat
OEM Engine Guard
OEM backrest
Memphis Shades Big Shot Windshield
Zerk/Button Head mod
Metz 880's 90/90 front, 200 rear
...so far
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 08:50 PM

Well the UPS man came today... I got to start putting on my malibu and when i got to the lower mounts, the ones that go on the forks. Well they will not fit around the top of my forks not sure what the issue is but Iam too tired to try and figure it out now. Will try again tomorrow afternoon
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 07:03 AM

Garage
i ordered the National cycle " street shield" i hope the 17 inch is not to high or to short , the reason why i went with this is security issue , the quick detach is in some way not safe anyone with knowldge can easly steel it , i want something that bolt on

-2011 nomad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode