The first 150 ... - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

The first 150 ...

Well, last week I completed the motorcycle safety course and got my license. Bear in mind, I've never ridden a motorcycle before last week (after purchasing my bike on sale, I had to let it sit in the garage while I waited to get my license).

I've finally put some miles on the bike and am totally in love. The first 150 I've put on it has been great. I took the bike around the back roads for awhile, and have ridden it into work as well. If you'd looked at me, you would have seen the big smile plastered on my face.

Today, my new Mustang seat arrived and I installed it this evening, but we've got severe thunderstorms here, so I haven't ridden it yet. I'm looking forward to riding into work on Thursday and giving it a workout (supposed to rain until then).

Thought you'd guys would like to see a few pics:

Here's a better view of the new seat:

The tank bib, gear indicator (left), and GPS mount (right):

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Top Contributor

Looks good........Nice lookin ride..........

4 WHEELS MOVE THE BODY.....2 WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 AM

That is a nice looking beast, love the drag bars and flat black paint. Congrats!

New Vulcan 03 1500 Classic: Cobra pipes, Mustang seat with aftermarket backrest, engine guard, lightbar. Soon to come --> Caddmann intake from previous vulcan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old Vulcan 97 1500 Classic: Drag pipes debaffled, Corbin solo seat with backrest, Lindby multibar, shark speakers. Soon to come: Caddmann intake.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Top Contributor

LOVE those flat black SE's. LOVELY bike!! Any plans to get black mirrors and/or black pipes?

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Metallic Diablo Black/Candy Fire Red
LED Run/Turn/Brake
Vance and Hines Duals
Dobeck TFI
Kuryakyn Flame grips with Throttle Boss and Stiletto endcaps
Kuryakyn Longhorn offset highway pegs
Vista throttle lock
OEM light bar and luggage rack

B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter

Out to pasture - 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom: Redemption
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Great looking scoot and congrats on sompleting the MSF. If you want to learn more about riding and surviving on the roads, I can't recommend the following book more. I read it after many years of riding and was taught many things and shown some wrong things I was doing too.

Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well [Paperback]
Always under $20 on Amazon

Amazon link

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Top Contributor

Nice flat black. Congrats.

2007 Custom
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Top Contributor

Hey newboy, get the matching flat black engine guards on that bike. NOW is the most likely time for you to tip over at low/no speed. Engine guards will make a simple whoops out of a 3-400 dollar mistake.

Bike looks great and I have the same seat, very comfortable.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
Great looking scoot and congrats on sompleting the MSF. If you want to learn more about riding and surviving on the roads, I can't recommend the following book more. I read it after many years of riding and was taught many things and shown some wrong things I was doing too.

Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well [Paperback]
Always under $20 on Amazon

Amazon link
Thanks, guys.

I actually have already read that book (and am making my way through it a second time now that I'm actually on the road). While I was waiting on my license, I used the time to read a few books: Proficient Motorcycling, How To Ride A Motorcycle: A Rider's Guide to Strategy, Safety and Skill Development (Pat Hahn, who also wrote Ride Hard, Ride Smart which I haven't picked up yet), The Motorcycle Safety Foundation's Guide to Motorcycling Excellence: Skills, Knowledge, and Strategies for Riding Right (2nd Edition). I was kind of excited to get on the bike, so I thought I'd read up on it as much as I could.

Engine guards on probably my next purchase. Flat black mirrors would be cool, but they're not a priority. I'm hesitant to replace the pipes mainly because I'm in and out at late/early hours and I feel the noise from the pipes right now works for me the way it is.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Oh -- and lowering the back end is on my eventual project list. It doesn't bother me the way it is now, but I'm starting to think about it, so I figure I'll probably do that maybe before riding season is over.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 PM

Great looking bike! I have the same Vulcan, although I went with the Corbin seat and a few other mods...take a look at the link to photo bucket. Still in the process of trying to hunt down some stock 09 black exhaust that won't break the bank.

2016 Indian Dark Horse Chief w/Distressed tan leather
2010 VN 900 Custom SE Tourer
F&S SE Back Rest w/3" extensions
Roadkrome Sturgis Hardbags
Corbin Dual Tourer
Turn Signals w/Smoke Covers
Genmar Risers
Black Mirrors
Black 09 SE Pipes Stage 2 De-baffle
Blacked-Out Handlebar Controls
2008 HD FLH Fairing w/stereo and 6in shield
CC Crash Bar Black
Passenger and driver Floor Boards (Chrome)
Pirelli 200 Rear&90/90 Front

USCG CWO (Ret)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode