I miss my stock pips !!! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Unhappy I miss my stock pips !!!

I have replaced my stock pips with cobra dragsters and i regret it , i had debaffeled the stock pips , drilled and removed the center screen now i want them back , don't know how to return it back it's hard to put the pieces back together and it's hard to buy new ones ( 1000 $ ) to much .

- the stock pips were very calm, quite and i remember injoying riding the bike, now it sounds loud and it doesn't make me concetrate on enjoying the riding part . yes i admit loud noise is safer because iam more notisabule now but long solo rides with just the sound of the wind is the idea of riding a cruiser .

if any one knows were to get stock pips , let me know

-2011 nomad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Watch the for sale section. People sell their stock pipes fairly cheap when they replace them with aftermarket pipes. I recently did a full bebaffle on my stock pipes and it is a little louder than I expected but has a great rumble to it. I don't see myself looking for either aftermarket or stock pipes anytime in the future.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM

yea or ebay, heck put up a trade ur dragsters for stock pipes and have them add $$, their happy and you're happy.

New Vulcan 03 1500 Classic: Cobra pipes, Mustang seat with aftermarket backrest, engine guard, lightbar. Soon to come --> Caddmann intake from previous vulcan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old Vulcan 97 1500 Classic: Drag pipes debaffled, Corbin solo seat with backrest, Lindby multibar, shark speakers. Soon to come: Caddmann intake.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM

My bike had Dragsters on it when I bought it from the dealer. They just gave me a set of stock pipes, which are in a box in my shed.

The Dragsters were a little loud for me, too. So I bought a set of Hard Kore baffles from smartpartz.com. It's now a little quieter at highway speeds, and MUCH quieter at idle and lower RPM's (like cruising around town). They still have a good growl when you open the throttle.

So that is one option that is cheaper than buying a set of pipes, even if the difference at highway speeds isn't as much as you might like.

'09 Vulcan 900 Classic
Cobra Dragster exhaust with Hard Kore baffles
Cobra backrest and passenger floorboards
Memphis Fats windshield
Lindby Linbar crash bar
Willie and Max Revolution "Swoop" saddlebags.
Mustang Vintage seat
Member of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Lifetime Premium

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...Q5fAccessories

Seems like a decent set if you still have the front covers. A little road rash.

+1 on the noise.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysl View Post
yes i admit loud noise is safer because iam more notisabule now
Even that isn't true. There are FAR better ways to be noticed than by producing loud noises projected mostly rearward. Visibility, proper lane positioning, safety gear, and even a good horn used appropriately are all far better ways to keep yourself safe on the road.

'99 Vulcan 500, 29k miles

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastpakr View Post
Even that isn't true. There are FAR better ways to be noticed than by producing loud noises projected mostly rearward. Visibility, proper lane positioning, safety gear, and even a good horn used appropriately are all far better ways to keep yourself safe on the road.
Excellent point!

My 1+ was actually refering to his wanting to go back to stock. Less noise.

Loud Pipes Save Lives is an good slogan but holds little merit. It is my understanding that most cage/bike accidents are caused by the car driver not seeing the bike.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Top Contributor

Heck, ask that Tulsa cop who had lights, sirens AND a busa who still got run into. You're invisible and un hearable, deal with it.

But realistically, sometimes they may hear you. Some times they may see you. In those sometimes those methods HAVE saved lives. But you being on the gaurd and knowning that you're invisible and silent and riding like it will save you big time.

I'd pick that pair up off Ebay. His scratch on the bottom pipe is on the heat shield. If your old one is still good you can just swap it. 70 bucks is bargain basement. Good pipes with no major damage should go 100-125 on the bay or usually do. I'd be suprised if that is the only set available.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 01:21 PM

I have some pipes for sale,stage 1&2 debaffled.also with bracket & covers
$100.us plus shipping
pm if you want to see pics they are like new

06 Vulcan 900 classic-Totaled

Vance & Hines staggered, PC3, K&N in stock opened up box, Darkside

Over & out
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 AM

I'm happy with stock pipes. My buddy's 900 has Cobra slash cuts, and they get old in a hurry riding behind him on the highway.

If I'm behind him, I gotta be 75 yards back to hear my bike at all! That's rediculous. He's happy, though.

2007 VN900LT, red/titanium
OEM highway bars and luggage rack
OEM WS lowers
4.5 inch pull back risers
Kuryakin highway pegs
Stebel air horn
Utopia driver backrest on OEM seat
OEM gel seat for about town, and hauling grandkids
ISO grips
Jardine light bar
K&N air filter
Brakeaway cruise control