Avon 200 & Custom Wheel to Classic 900 bike - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Question Avon 200 & Custom Wheel to Classic 900 bike

So thanks to LitlDeuce, I am now the proud owner of a custom wheel with an Avon 200/70/15 fat tire from a 2008 Custom, that I hope will fit my 2008 Classic. Everything that I have read on this forum suggests that is should be a straight swap-out with my spoke wheel, (I hope) where I remove the brake rotor from my classic wheel and bolt on to the custom wheel. The pulleys are the same, so that also is a bolt on item. Will I have any issues with the axle sliding into the custom wheel? Since everything else looks to be similar, I wouldn't think that there would be any difference in the axle. Also has anyone used the Avon on their classic? The tire has very low mileage on it and I would hate to have to change it out for something narrower. I have not used the Scootworks sprocket as I made the change previously on my Honda 750 (Front and rear) and did not notice that much change at the high end, but lost some take off power. So I would hope there is enough room for the tire...Any advice on the switch or the fit to my Classic Angus would be appreciated..
By the way, LitlDeuce, thanks for the deal. I enjoyed talking to your dad as we have Vietnam in common. Also thanks for your service to your country. Safe flying....Walt E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Update to above question: the custom rear wheel is a direct swap-out to the classic spoke wheel. I have mine in stalled with a new Metzler 880 (had to trash the Avon 200 due to cut marks on the one side) so I am planning on riding from St. Louis to Sturgis in a tubeless tire just in case I have the unfortunate experience to tangle with a nail or something that doesn't like my tire. A plug is much easier to quick fix till I can get to a dealer than trying to pump the green slime into a tube and hope that it will plug the leak enough to get to a fix...... It's funny but I have had more flats on MC tires (always the rear) in 3 years of ridding than I have on most of my different vehicles in 45 years of driving....LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode