Product Review: Water Wetter & AirHawk Seat System - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Talking Product Review: Water Wetter & AirHawk Seat System

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to post a review on a coolant named Water Wetter and the Airhawk seat system, two mods I have recently introduced to my Agnes. First the Water Wetter: Thanks to COOB 3338 for turning me on to this product. It's much like engine ice coolant, but mixes with regular antifreeze in your rad. instead of having to drain and flush the system before adding engine ice. I have been experiencing a lot of heat off the engine as the outside temp. marches towards 90 degrees, and been a bit disappointed at how much hotter the Kaw. is compared to my previous Honda 750 Spirit. But after adding 6 ounces of Water Wetter, I must admit that there is a significant difference in heat rolling off the engine while sitting at a long stop light. I did not do a scientific temp. check before and after, but as a retired meat-cutter (butcher) who could tell if my coolers and cutting rooms were running warm the minute that I entered the front door to the store, I feel fairly confident in my ability to monitor temp. changes without the help of a thermometer. So I give Water Wetter a two thumbs up for helping solve some of my heat issues. It's still warm but not unbearable.

Now my second review...the AirHawk seat system. I just put four hours in the saddle after receiving the seat cushion and am very pleased with the results. In the past, I spent the $500 plus for a Mustang seat with drivers backrest for my Honda and was pleased with the saddle, but please.........$500 is a lot to spend every time you change bikes. I did get $300 back when I sold the seat separately, but decided I would give the AirHawk a chance before popping again for the cost of a new Kaw. Mustang seat. And I am glad that I did cause now I can take the seat cushion from bike to bike, and have a better ride than what I would get with the Mustang seat. Don't get me wrong, the pony seat was a great looking addition, but I did not feel it was that much more comfortable that the stock seat, but did solve most of my tail bone issues. The AirHawk cushion did a better job of providing a softer seat (my tailbone was at issue with my heart for riding, and my heart kept winning out, but the tailbone sure let me know it was a sore loser) but the AirHawk seat seems to be able to make both get along.....So again, for $169, it was a great experiment and a two thumbs up......Just my opinion....!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 05:35 AM
Top Contributor

I used a water wetter on my old bike that didn't like long red lights in the summer and had very good results. I haven't put it in the 900 since I ride all year and want it hot fast during the shorter winter trips. The last bike I did it out of necessity but I tolerate the heat on the 900.

I looked at the AirHawk as one of the first additions for my 900 but opinions were mixed. Opted for a new seat and that didn't work as well as planned. I need something but I've already got a huge box of stuff that didn't perform as expected. I have until winter to figure out my next plan. At 3.5 mpg my boat is eating through my disposable income.

2007 Custom
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Top Contributor

I also strongly recommend airhawk... for 25,000 mi now it has made my ride easy.

gotta look into the water wetter thing... thanks !

2009 V2K / Vietnam Vet / PGR rider

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:00 PM

so, can I just drain my coolant and add water wetter instead?? Or this is only and additive for the coolant??
I'm planning to drain/change my coolant for the coming summer season and looking for alternatives.
Also, what are the chances to just drain the radiator and coolant reservoir without taking the gas tank off and mess with the radiator cap??
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks./

TCRIDER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08' CLASSIC 900
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrider View Post
so, can I just drain my coolant and add water wetter instead?? Or this is only and additive for the coolant??
I'm planning to drain/change my coolant for the coming summer season and looking for alternatives.
Also, what are the chances to just drain the radiator and coolant reservoir without taking the gas tank off and mess with the radiator cap??
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks./
How would you fill the radiator without removing the radiator cap??? Or drain it for that matter.
An you have to burp (to remove any air pockets)the radiator after filling it.

John
"I am a modern cowboy, on a steel horse I ride"
09 VN900 Classic
Big 3 +++++
Double Darkside
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 PM

airhawk user too

like so many others i was uncomfortable with the stock seat and purchased an airhawk cusion. that helped out a little bit but not quite what i was hoping for. so i bought a mustang seat and that helped a little bit more but still not good enough. i now ride with the airhawk ON my mustang seat and that works well for my tender parts. airhawk now has a new model, better disigned for men. here's the link to the official page. http://www.therohostore.com/Products...CRUISER-R.aspx
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Thanks for the review, did you just add the water wetter or did you siphon out the six ounces before you added it?

-Vinny VROC #32287 - 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom, Ness Big Sucker, Fi2000R, Cobra 2-into-1

The things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. People are good; honor, courage, virtue mean everything; power and money mean nothing; good always triumphs over evil; true love never dies. A man should believe in those things, because they are worth believing in.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehead View Post
How would you fill the radiator without removing the radiator cap??? Or drain it for that matter.
An you have to burp (to remove any air pockets)the radiator after filling it.
I guess I was looking for the easiest way to do it. But I'll have to do it the right way...
So, you just completely drain the radiator and Completely fill it with water wetter??
Or fill with regular antifreeze and add water wetter??
I guess I rather just fill with water wetter if I can .
Thanks for the replies

TCRIDER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08' CLASSIC 900
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Top Contributor

one small bottle treats 3 -5 gallons.
go to the website.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrider View Post
I guess I was looking for the easiest way to do it. But I'll have to do it the right way...
So, you just completely drain the radiator and Completely fill it with water wetter??
Or fill with regular antifreeze and add water wetter??
I guess I rather just fill with water wetter if I can .
Thanks for the replies

2009 V2K / Vietnam Vet / PGR rider
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallannie View Post
one small bottle treats 3 -5 gallons.
go to the website.....
ok. thanks...
But I was looking at draining the radiator anyways...

TCRIDER

08' CLASSIC 900
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode