Help with Speakers? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Help with Speakers?

So.. I've been debating putting speakers on my bike now for about a year. And I think I've finally decided I'm ready to do it. The only problem is that I ride a 2010 custom with no fairing, and nor do I want to add one. And I hate the idea of putting a couple eye sores on my handle bars.. Lol, now I know your first thought is well sounds like u SOL, or maybe I should invest in some ear buds, lol.
Well.. That's kinda the way I'm feeling too, but I wanted to know...

if any of you guys have seen alternative mounts, maybe something less noticeable then directly on the handlebars.

And If you have any sort of aftermarket speaker setup, no ,atter where its mounted. I'd love to see pics of the setup your running, especially on the custom handlebars, also how you feel about your investment.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

I should also add..
I know with enough money just about anything can be made a reality, but my reality is I don't have a ton of money, lol.. So with that being said. I'm also interested in best bang for your buck.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I know you said no fairing, but you also said you wanted pictures of anything so here's what I had for a while. This is on a Classic with a fairing. Shark 100W system. It was only about $60, and it showed. I had it for three months and sold it after the second time one of the speakers quit working. I repaired it and sold it for I think $25 on craigslist.

I started with the speakers mounted on the mirror stems and the amp in the center fairing pouch. Ugly, but for the price they did the trick. Then I made some mounts and tried tucking the speakers inside the fairing. Out of sight, but lost a good bit of volume doing it.

Side view:

I've heard of some people who have mounted bigger speakers in their saddlebags but I never did that. After ditching the Shark, I tried an ipod with earbuds for a while. Just like everything else, that had its advantages and disadvantages. Since last November I've been using a bluetooth headset in my helmet, which has been my favorite thing I've used. It's not for everybody but I like it. Shark's quality seems to be very hit or miss. Some people get lots of use out of their products and love them. I got some use and am kind of indifferent about them.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 PM

Like Graybush I have a Memphis shades fairing and have two bullet style speakers mounted in the fairing, i started with them on the handlebars but as you know with the custom handlebar space is limited. I have seen a few people with speakers mounted to engine guards

08 Vulcan 900 custom
BUB pipes
Memphis Shades fairing
Mutazu LN hard bags
Backrest
2012 Range Rover Metallic Blk Paint
Dual Marine Stereo and speakers
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 07:30 PM

I put a set on my wife's 900 with windshield. Around town they are OK but on the highway at higher speed and a 3/4 helmet they are worthless. She is back to her earbuds.

Mine: 2008 HD Ultra Classic

Hers: 2011 Kawasaki 900 Classic LT
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM

Hardbags with speakers

2009 Vulcan Custom SE
Invicta Harley Fairing
Led Turn Signals
Saddlemen Seat
Lowered 2"
Heated Grips
Britt Drag Pipes
HID Headlight
White LED UnderGlow
Knock Off ISO Grips
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 12:53 AM

I put a Pyle audio system on mine. One speaker died in a couple weeks and other one is so distorted it is junk also. Have to email them and see what they want to do about there warranty. There amp and there speakers you would think they would match output to the speaker. They are only 2" speakers got it from Amazon.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Sounds like you've got a couple of options;

1) Go with the 'bagger' look and slap a couple of hard bags on there, with all of your audio gear in the bags including a couple marine speakers (perhaps facing towards the wheels? works well!)

2) Depending on the helmet you wear (or if you wear one) a good bluetooth headset works wonders. I got rid of my handlebar speakers in lieu of a helmet headset. Works just as well, but nothing hanging off the bars!

3) Handlebar speakers can also be mounted to a crash bar! Would that look okay for you?

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 06:09 AM

Garage
I haven't done yet but decided to go with speakers on crash bar angled up slightly. A friend has it on his vstar with a small amp in saddlebag and sounds good even at highway speed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Soo.. I think im gonna try and get creative.. Lol
Have any of you seen anybody running speakers in a tool bag?? Itd be the perfect thing for me if i can make it work. Did some googling and couldnt really find anyone who has done what im looking to do.
Im gonna go look at some tool bags this weekend,
And hopefully determine what speakers im gonna order, and try and make it happen...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode