Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

900 Custom - Sccotworks Risers

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  teamsunbelt 
#1 ·
Looking at the risers to reduce hand numbness and fatique. Who has used these? How was installation and do they change the feel of the ride?

#3 · (Edited)
Although i don't have the risers, i have dealt with Scootworks. You might want to verify stock availability (if you can contact them that is) before ordering. If it's in stock, no problem; but if they're out of stock it may take a while.

Check with MeanCycles and their availability too. http://www.meancycles.com/Home.asp?AccCategoryID=2401&AccCategoryTypeID=0&BikeModelID=5764&ManufacturerID=0&BikeType=Cruiser&CompanyID=0&Start=1&orderby=ManufacturerName, PartName

Most folks that have installed them appreciate the change in seating position and relaxed posture in their arms.

#4 ·
The mod that provided the most comfort to me was my Mustang seat with backrest.

The mod that provided the second most comfort was the installation of the Scootworks risers. Coupled with the Mustang, the risers really give the feeling of sitting "in" the bike rather than on it.

Installation was 20 minutes...and an extra set of hands made the job much easier. No cable mods were needed though I did remove the wire cable loom that is mounted to the bottom of the upper fork clamp.

I received mine from SW about a week after ordering from their website. Excellent customer service.

#5 · (Edited)
i've got the risers installed on my custom. installation is easier than you think.

1) put a towel on your tank.
2) make sure you put a towel on your tank.
3) unscrew bars from under triple tree
4) screw risers to bars
5) pull as much cable as you can
6) remount bars to triple tree with hardware provided
7) tighten to 20 ft lbs
8) enjoy

i'm 6'1 and for me it is alot more comfortable you can sit more upright if you want to. your not set in that one constant postion with your back

#7 ·
Did you go with that style or the ones with bevels?

#8 · (Edited)
I used the tapered ones that are in the pic. BTW, my bike is an EN500, but I'm fairly sure that if they worked with my bike they should work with the 900 custom. I posted pics in the 500 area:
http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6580

As for improving the ride experience, I'd have to say that it did help. I used to get a little pain in my left arm around the elbow and in my back up between my shoulder blades. Since using the risers, the pain is all but gone.

#10 ·
Ordering GenMars today. I will post when completed.

#13 ·
I searched the world over and found that the Mean streak had the same bars. I tolk a chance and orderd "Kewl Metal Sculpted Chrome Billet Risers For Mean Streak" They are the boom as far as a 2in. pull back with out any rise in the grips. They hang over the triple tree alittle bit front and back but I can live with that. Handling is betten now. Fells like I can dig into the turns better now and hand cramps are still around but not as much of a pain as before. I did have to remove the cable guide to fell better about the break cable. Soon as I figure out the photobucket I'll up load some pic's

#14 ·
Received Genmar risers on Saturday, that was a 2 day delivery. Installed today. A second person would have been nice. As easy a part to put on as you can find. The look great and appear to raise the bar to a perfect height. All I have to do now is to fint the correct size hex head wrench to torque the bolts and I am good for a test run. Thanks to all that replied with ideas. If you are looking for risers, I would recomend these. Great part and great delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.