Dealership - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Dealership

Noticed a coolant leak coming from my bike today so I stopped by the dealership to have them take a look at it. The service writer tells me its probably just a hose. He then hands me a screw driver and tells me to take the cover off go fix it

So far its holding up but I think I am going back for a new hose anyway....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Top Contributor

Seems to be a pretty common thing. Mine did it too. I cranked down on the hose clamps and it went away. I laughed when you said your dealership handed you a screwdriver & told you to fix it, but looking back mine told me to go home and fix it.

My biggest fear is when I die, my wife will sell all my guitars for what I told her I paid for them.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Top Contributor

Well, at least you know if you can trust the mechanic! I like the honesty though. "Well, you can either fix it yourself in 5 minutes or you can drop it off and I'll try to get it back to you in two weeks" would be what my dealer SHOULD say.

Nice guys though and I'll probably buy my next bike there, just slowwwwwwwww in the shop.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
Well, at least you know if you can trust the mechanic! I like the honesty though. "Well, you can either fix it yourself in 5 minutes or you can drop it off and I'll try to get it back to you in two weeks" would be what my dealer SHOULD say.

Nice guys though and I'll probably buy my next bike there, just slowwwwwwwww in the shop.
That's how our dealership is. VERY nice folks, and trustworthy as far as I know, but wow with the time frames needed for them to do the work! I rode my bike in for a "quick stop" 1st service one Saturday after I bought the bike, ended up taking 5 hours. Found out later that since I had "ridden in like a noob" without alternate transportation, they bumped me up in the service schedule. Otherwise, it really SHOULD have been a couple of days.

Score one for my "n00b-ness"! Since then, I change my own oil and do regular minor maintenance myself, just like with my cars. Faster, cheaper, and all work done by a wrench I've had years of experience with!

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Metallic Diablo Black/Candy Fire Red
LED Run/Turn/Brake
Vance and Hines Duals
Dobeck TFI
Kuryakyn Flame grips with Throttle Boss and Stiletto endcaps
Kuryakyn Longhorn offset highway pegs
Vista throttle lock
OEM light bar and luggage rack

B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter

Out to pasture - 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom: Redemption

Last edited by Pretzel; 04-16-2010 at 09:13 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Top Contributor

I had a schedualed time slot, drop the bike off Tuesday it'll be ready Wednesday for 15,000 mile checkup.

2 weeks later I started doing my own maintenance, they still owe me one that I bought in masse when I bought the bike.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Top Contributor

He should have done that for you!
Now if the bike is very recent then the hose may be fine. It progably needed a little tighting that's all.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode