Ordered the Cycleshell ! - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Ordered the Cycleshell !

I finally ordered the Cycleshell.

http://www.cycleshell.com

I can tell you Mark the owner is great to work with on the phone. Mark is also a fellow motorcycle rider so he understands that we care about what we ride. He is in Colorado so I did make note of the timezone in my case as I'm in NC. He said he makes them himself so he pays special attention to quality. The price has not changed since he started making them. They have a one year warranty but with materials I expect it to last a for quite a long time. The shipping is a bit on the high side $120 (for the Cruiser Size) but there is a discount for shipping to a business of $30. However it should be noted he is only charging what the shipping company charges him and the item is very heavy. He does send a tracking number to your e-mail when it is shipped.

Will review back when I get it. And no I don't work for Cycleshell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 12:01 AM

looks like a good product and I am looking for something like that because I have no Garrage. I live in Pennslyvania northeast area I wonder how it will holr up to our winters.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cousin Weakeyes View Post
looks like a good product and I am looking for something like that because I have no Garrage. I live in Pennslyvania northeast area I wonder how it will holr up to our winters.
I lived in Port Allegany, PA (near Bradford) until spring of last year. I purchased the Cycle Shell for my 07 900 LT in 2009. I can tell you that after 3 PA winters the canvas still holds up just fine. It made it through several nasty storms with 50+mph winds without blowing over (with the bike in it.)

Definitely a wise purchase if you don't have a garage. Even if you do have a garage and need an easy cover for winter storage, it might be a good choice. I still use it now that I live in VA because I still do not have a garage.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 08:14 AM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Kawasaki Vaquero
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Red
I saw one locally in the yard of a gent that is selling his 2000. Looks like an excellent product, and is a great idea!

Jerry "Old Bear" Barker
Clarksville, TN
Americas Guardians PS MC
Tennessee 16-A Chapter
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

One of the prime reasons is that like today I came home from work and it is not raining but the sky is very dark and looks like a downpour. You want to let the engine and pipes cool down before putting on the cover but often in that 10 minute wait it starts to pour and then the bike and cover are wet. Then there is no choice but to leave it uncovered all night and a new storm is on the way the next day. I always prefer to have it covered away from prying eyes. Or it is late at night and you don't want to wait to put the cover on. This past month in NC it has rained so much that the cover I have has started to mildew as it has not been dry for more than 6 hours at a time. A new Dowco cover is not cheap.

Also I lost my garage storage for the winter last year and this will allow me to access the bike for a once a month ride during the winter.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanJohn View Post
This past month in NC it has rained so much that the cover I have has started to mildew as it has not been dry for more than 6 hours at a time. A new Dowco cover is not cheap.
+1 on the NC rain. if this keeps up, you can use the cover as a boat! I'm ready for some dry weather!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Cycleshell arrived today. Pretty quick turnaround from order placed to delivery. From CO to NC it was about a week and a half. Placed the order with Mark on 7-11 . Email with tracking number was sent on 7-17 and the Cycleshell was delivered to my address today 7-24 . Shipping is done through Estes-Express. http://estes-express.com/

I am real pleased with the product and true to the description the cover does not touch any part of the bike.

Well made and includes diamond plates for both wheels and the kickstand. Also there is the wheel wedge to indicate how far to pull it in. The wheel diamond plates help with lining up the bike in the shell.

Easy set up. From unboxing to placing all the diamond plates it was about an hour.

Youtube Unboxing: http://youtu.be/cdbkfjpeklg

There are D rings on the opposite side where the cover is attached to the base so it can be folded up to about 5 inches thick and secured closed. Handles are built into the base for easy (this thing is HEAVY! ) transport.

Although bright silver it does not indicate anything when viewed from the road. Might cover the reflector strips though. Guess they are there so you don't drive into it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cycleshell.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	40474  

Last edited by VulcanJohn; 08-11-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Youtube video update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode