new harley - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

new harley

i went into the Harley dealer to get a brand new Electra glide ultra classic. i am trading in my 07 900 Vulcan classic lt, excellent condition. they want to give me for trade only 4000 for it. that upset me first of all. i was going to put down 500 with that trade. i still owe 2000 on my Vulcan so its like im putting down a 2500 down payment. they came back with an interest rate of 14.49%. my monthly payments would of been 421 bucks a month. f$#% that!!! damn i want that bike bad though. i almost took the deal. i cant stop thinking about that bike, it's awesome!!! i guess im going to wait until i have the Vulcan payed off then that will give me a lower monthly payment but its so hard to wait you know? i want to ride it this season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Top Contributor

I'd also shop around for a decent interest rate, not to mention a better deal. My 900 was financed for about 6.7% (try USAA bank if you're a Vet). I also have my eye on an E.Glide (Classic though), but not for at least 3 more years. I plan to keep my 900Lt after I get it though. It's still a greaat bike.

Mark...Rollingbones
2011 Harley Road King FLHR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic (Sold)
American Legion Riders Post 383
Patriot Guard Riders
Sacramento Metro Fire CERT
West Fair Oaks Neighborhood Watch
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 AM

I agree the problem is two fold. Bike loans are financed like Credit cards because they classified as a luxery item by banks.
My Payment on my fully Loaded 2010 Kia Soul is $239.00
shop around.

Shut up Brain or I'll Stab you with a Q-Tip

2009 900 Custom Burnt Candy Orange
OEM Engine Guard
Mini Wind Screen
Soft Saddlebags
Handlebar Riser
De badged
I like my Bike Quiet

See it HERE:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:28 AM

Why not try to sell your Vulcan yourself? That LT should bring in more than $4000. I bought mine for $4000 (not an LT and didn't have bags and stuff at the time), but I have seen the LT's selling for around $5500 around here. I'm pretty sure they have been going for about that price on Ebay as well.

Also, you really don't know what they are giving you for your trade because they can manipulate the profit on the HD. It makes it much simpler to bargain without the trade in. And, this is the perfect time of year to try to sell the Vulcan.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:36 AM

Why not put it on the for sale forum here?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Just watch the HD website. They keep having very good finance rates. Check around the 1st week of each month, that is when they change the rates. Also, check other dealers, do not pay retail. HD is hurting, the dealers are hurting. My local dealer is giving big discounts because they cant move all the product.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 AM

thats an absurd interest rate. I have 3.75% on 5 years on my 2009 900 custom. I got it through a credit union. they have fantastic rates right now.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantow View Post
thats an absurd interest rate. I have 3.75% on 5 years on my 2009 900 custom. I got it through a credit union. they have fantastic rates right now.
Agreed. I got 5% on mine (wish I could have gotten that 3.75%) through one of my local banks. Most independent banks are running some great rates right now.

Not that we'd want to see ya leave the vulcan forums but man, sure hate to see them trying to rip ya like that.

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Metallic Diablo Black/Candy Fire Red
LED Run/Turn/Brake
Vance and Hines Duals
Dobeck TFI
Kuryakyn Flame grips with Throttle Boss and Stiletto endcaps
Kuryakyn Longhorn offset highway pegs
Vista throttle lock
OEM light bar and luggage rack

B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter

Out to pasture - 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom: Redemption
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmccurdy25 View Post
i went into the Harley dealer to get a brand new Electra glide ultra classic. i am trading in my 07 900 Vulcan classic lt, excellent condition. they want to give me for trade only 4000 for it. that upset me first of all. i was going to put down 500 with that trade. i still owe 2000 on my Vulcan so its like im putting down a 2500 down payment. they came back with an interest rate of 14.49%. my monthly payments would of been 421 bucks a month. f$#% that!!! damn i want that bike bad though. i almost took the deal. i cant stop thinking about that bike, it's awesome!!! i guess im going to wait until i have the Vulcan payed off then that will give me a lower monthly payment but its so hard to wait you know? i want to ride it this season.
Last month I visited the local HD dealership with the intentions of purchasing a 2010 Fat Bob. I spoke with the salesman who quoted me $350 Canadian for 84 months. I actually thought that was a good deal until I realized that the total pay back was $32,000.

As much as I like Harley's, damn those things are expensive.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlangdon View Post
Last month I visited the local HD dealership with the intentions of purchasing a 2010 Fat Bob. I spoke with the salesman who quoted me $350 Canadian for 84 months. I actually thought that was a good deal until I realized that the total pay back was $32,000.

As much as I like Harley's, damn those things are expensive.
This is what I have been wondering for quite some time: Are the Harleys really worth the price tag?? Is the fat price premium really justified? What is it about them that makes them so "valuable"? Do they have such superior design or fabrication? Is the ride that much different? Or is it just the halo that the HD riders managed to create around themselves?

I haven't ridden a Harley in my life so any opinion from they guys who have experience with both Kawis (or other metrics) and HDs would be great...

'07 Vulcan 900 Custom, Candy Fire Red
'05 Suzuki DR-Z 400s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode