Cobra Pipes??? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Cobra Pipes???

I think I'm getting the Cobra Dragsters. Anyone have them??? Anyone like V&H more? Why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 10:11 PM

I have the Dragsters on my bike and I think they have nice sound.

2007 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Cobra Dragster Pipes
Cobra Fi2000r Processor
Custom Paint
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rust47 View Post
I have the Dragsters on my bike and I think they have nice sound.
Yeah, I like what I have heard and they look great. Also, they are very reasonably priced.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 AM

Garage
Thumbs up cobra dragster

i have installed the pipes one week ago , i love the sound now ican hear my bike next to HDs now my bike has a voice and personality , i love em but latley i started having bad head pain and i hear my exchust sound when put my head on the pellow so iam replacing the baffels with quit ones, the cobra dragster have very nice sound but lettel bet high for me.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysl View Post
i have installed the pipes one week ago , i love the sound now ican hear my bike next to HDs now my bike has a voice and personality , i love em but latley i started having bad head pain and i hear my exchust sound when put my head on the pellow so iam replacing the baffels with quit ones, the cobra dragster have very nice sound but lettel bet high for me.
I'd suggest using Smartpartz Hardcore baffles (http://www.smartpartz.com/SPZCB22520.html) instead of the Cobra Quiet Cores. I tried the Cobra Quiet Core baffles with my Cobra Slashdown pipes and they didn't lower the volume/tone of the exhaust enough. I still had ringing ears and headaches after 30 minutes of riding.

The Smartpartz baffles did the trick. They require that you drill a hole in the baffles that come with your pipes, so they are a little more difficult to install than the Cobras, but they lower the pitch of the exhaust and make the noise much easier on your ears.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 01:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSJ725 View Post
I'd suggest using Smartpartz Hardcore baffles (http://www.smartpartz.com/SPZCB22520.html) instead of the Cobra Quiet Cores. I tried the Cobra Quiet Core baffles with my Cobra Slashdown pipes and they didn't lower the volume/tone of the exhaust enough. I still had ringing ears and headaches after 30 minutes of riding.

The Smartpartz baffles did the trick. They require that you drill a hole in the baffles that come with your pipes, so they are a little more difficult to install than the Cobras, but they lower the pitch of the exhaust and make the noise much easier on your ears.
Thank you , these baffels are much better than the cobra they reduce the sound by 6-12 disbls the cobras only 3.5 .
thank you again

-2011 nomad
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysl View Post
Thank you , these baffels are much better than the cobra they reduce the sound by 6-12 disbls the cobras only 3.5 .
thank you again
I had a little problem installing the Smartpartz baffle at first. Here is the thread where I discussed it. If you get that baffle, you might take a look at this thread: https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ht=cobra+pipes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode