Replacement seat with highest passenger seat - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Replacement seat with highest passenger seat

Well, took the wife for a ride yesterday morning. She's not sure she wants to be a rider. On the stock seat she has to look around me. I'm 5' 10", she is 4' 10". So, I'm thinking about a replacement seat and thinking I should probably get the one with the greatest height for the passenger. That said, in a weak moment last week I ordered an Ultimate replacement seat and should get it in a couple days. Seems like most of the reviews from folks really like it and since they have the 14 day return policy I figured I had nothing to loose (except shipping... which isn't cheap!). Anyway, I guess I'll try it but at the time I ordered it I didn't realize the passenger seat height is probably my biggest concern. So, if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I can't seem to find this metric on the information about various seats (Ultimate, Mustang, etc.) Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
Well, took the wife for a ride yesterday morning. She's not sure she wants to be a rider. On the stock seat she has to look around me. I'm 5' 10", she is 4' 10". So, I'm thinking about a replacement seat and thinking I should probably get the one with the greatest height for the passenger. That said, in a weak moment last week I ordered an Ultimate replacement seat and should get it in a couple days. Seems like most of the reviews from folks really like it and since they have the 14 day return policy I figured I had nothing to loose (except shipping... which isn't cheap!). Anyway, I guess I'll try it but at the time I ordered it I didn't realize the passenger seat height is probably my biggest concern. So, if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I can't seem to find this metric on the information about various seats (Ultimate, Mustang, etc.) Thanks!
Not sure I have ever seen a measurement for the passenger seat height (as compared to the drivers). I think you'll have to go buy pics. We have a Corbin and it has a lower driver position (as compared to stock) by 1" and the passenger seat is a bit higher. I am 6' and my wife is 5'2" and she cannot see over my helmet she looks around me. Also, you may not want her looking over you as this will expose her to more wind to the head. My wife says she likes being wind protected.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Bosco, good point. I should really ask her I guess. I just assumed it would be easier if she could see over me but I see what you mean about the wind. Thanks!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
Bosco, good point. I should really ask her I guess. I just assumed it would be easier if she could see over me but I see what you mean about the wind. Thanks!
I would get her opinion also. i'm 6'2" my wife is 5'1" (she says). on one trip I thought I would give her the experience of riding in the front by laying on the tank. as soon as I did this she took a bug to the face and I took a jab to the ribs. then the stern warning to never do that again. she likes being able to hide behind me from the wind, rain, bugs and occasional rocks which actually drew blood on the bridge of my nose. she likes sitting back and enjoying the scenery.

Black 900 Custom "El Diablo"
Scootworks risers
Kuryakyn ISO grips "black"
Bub Hugger exhaust
Cobra FI2000R
Mustang Daytripper seat
"coming soon" Baron air intake

It doesn't matter what you ride
As long as you ride
LETS RIDE !!!!!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 02:12 PM

I have the Vulcan flame gel seat and it is 1" lower for driver and higher up for passenger it really is a big offset compared to stock seat. Almost like theater seating now with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Irwin Griego
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 02:17 PM

Also the higher she is the more top heavy the bike gets.I have a mustang seat on my 900 lt. and the wife is looking just over my head.She would like it lower but she puts up with a bug every now and then.Hope you find what works for you and yours.Have a great ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode