Chromeworks Exhaust - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Chromeworks Exhaust

Has anyone out there got these on thier bike? If so, what do you think of them?

http://www.chromeworkscycle.com/Cate...-exhausts.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 AM

I was wondering the same thing....found them on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...#ht_1007wt_935

$209.99 Shipped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeworkscycle
Kawasaki Vulcan Exhaust

Fits Kawasaki Vulcan 900cc 2007 & 2008

Comes with Baffles installed

Chrome Finish

* For International,Hawaii or Alaska orders please e-mail us at [email protected] or
message through this listing for shipping quote.

I don't know, could be a 'get what you pay for' type thing??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!BQ9Q8sgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-EUEjlLl0EpmBJ7i5QE5Og~~_12.JPG
Views:	396
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	1359  

07 VN2000 VROC #33496

Last edited by Toddster; 03-30-2010 at 06:38 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:51 PM

You get what you pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddster View Post
I was wondering the same thing....found them on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...#ht_1007wt_935

$209.99 Shipped!

I don't know, could be a 'get what you pay for' type thing??
These pipes are made in China or Pakistan, Steel made outside the USA has high carbon content. Carbon breaks down with heat and exhaust run hot. You may only pay $200 for them, but you will be paying more latter to replace them once the carbon breaks down and pipes crack or crumble. If you are looking for pipes for your VN900 Why not check the companies that sponsor the forum and help make the forum possible.

Fuggin Fabrication is the only exhaust manufacture that sponsors this forum. And all our exhaust are made from US Steel and made in America. Some of our dealers are offering special pricing and shipping on VN900 and Mean Streak exhaust systems.

Please check out our web-site at www.fugginfabrication.com or visit www.pipecity.com for your best pricing.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 04:56 PM

^^^ Good information!

I emailed the one person I found on ebay, that actually bought from that company chromeworkscycle....

Quote:
Dear toddsterssei,

The sound is good, keep in mind, no heat shields and with a small diameter pipe, I expect blueing to occur. They are a a bit shorter than I expected also. Come about half way back to the rear axle nut. All in all I'm satisfied spending half than if I bought Cobra or Vance/Hines or something else. I checked them all out. I'm actually looking for heat shields for them. The seller doens't give real good information concerning the pipes either cause I asked about the diameter, would I need to have the injection system recalibrated or programed? He couldn't answer any questions. But shipped them fast and you get what you pay for. I'm OK with them, it gave me the sound I was looking for my wifes bike. It's better than stock mufflers and a lot less weight. You might find you Vulcan runs quicker also.
Good Luck, hope I was of some help. Feel free to ask me anything else about them. I'll give you more info than the seller will.
Nick

- nicksaints
So yes it sound like this product is 'get what you pay for' quality.

Thanks for your input fugginfabrication!

07 VN2000 VROC #33496
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 07:22 PM

Here is the difference in pipes

Fuggin Fabrication exhaust systems are made from 16 gauge US steel. All the welds are polished out for a one piece look. The pipes are a three step design starting with 1 ¾ I” to 2” to a 2 1/2” or 3” diameter pipe. All chrome exhaust systems are internally ceramic coated to run cooler and help minimize bluing. All the exhaust styles have been dyno tested on a motorcycle for performance and reliability. We offer a fully tested EFI fuel controller that has been map out for our exhaust and your motorcycle. (Pre-programmed, play &play)
The exhaust systems we make are design and tested for your motorcycle to improve the performance, sound and style.

I know this sounds like an AD, but this how we do our's

Fuggin Fabrication
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-30-2010, 08:38 PM

You have any pics of some of the fuggin pipes after high mileage, wanna see the amount of bluing they get, Definatly looking at getting the Hellion for my v900c thanks for any help.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Black
Garage
I put a set of cheap pipes on an old 350 Honda i had many years ago. You can expect serious blueing and early breakdown on the welds. Cheap pipes, cheap metal, cheap chrome, cheap workmanship. If that's what you want on your Vulcan, go for it.

Doug at Fuggin isn't steering you wrong.

Keep the Shiny Side Up!
'09 900 Custom SE on the Darkside
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien

Last edited by Helek_52; 04-02-2010 at 03:29 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David121582 View Post
You have any pics of some of the fuggin pipes after high mileage, wanna see the amount of bluing they get, Definatly looking at getting the Hellion for my v900c thanks for any help.
I don’t have any pictures of exhaust that have been a bike with high mileage…. Bluing is caused by heat and heat on motorcycle is cause by improper tuning. The EFI models of the VN900 like most metric bikes are set-up at the factory very lean to meet EPA mileage and emissions ratings for new motorcycles. The motor has been choked down to run at about 50% to 60% it potential. When you install new exhaust systems and intake systems it opens up the motor so that it can breathe to a higher performance level. When you make this air-flow change the bike will now run even leaner (Hotter) and your new pipes will turn blue right away.

The only way to tune the bike with the new air-flow is add a Fuel Controller to add more fuel to match the air-flow. We have set-up our Fuggin EFI Fuel controllers to take care of this by adding the fuel need to make the bike run at the right temperatures and give you the best performance you can get from the motor with an exhaust change. We also ceramic coat the inside of the pipes so that they run cooler and help minimize the bluing, I can’t say our pipe won’t blue over a long period of time, but if you put pipes on without adding fuel or fuel controller, you will lucky to get around the block without the pipes turn blue.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 12:28 PM

I can attest to what Fuggin Fabrication has to offer. I have a set of the Fuggin Flex pipes on my 06 1500 classic, they are very High Quality, Great Looking, Sound Excellent, but the best thing is the increase in high end torque and horsepower, I could not believe the difference when the new pipes went on, it was like a new bike......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode