Have you tried a small windshield? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Have you tried a small windshield?

Has anyone tried a small windshield like the Flyscreen or switchblade from national cycle or any other product similar to that size? If so how does it do against wind on highway? I just don't really like the look of any of the windshields. I want as small as possible while still retaining functionality (thats a word right?). thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:05 PM

I have a small cheap handlebar mounted one from JC Whitney. I think it was under 70 bucks. It does help. Its no substitute for a full size model but I really am trying to avoid making my bike look like everyone elses Harley esq bike.
I really need to update my pics but you can sort of see it here.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Shut up Brain or I'll Stab you with a Q-Tip

2009 900 Custom Burnt Candy Orange
OEM Engine Guard
Mini Wind Screen
Soft Saddlebags
Handlebar Riser
De badged
I like my Bike Quiet

See it HERE:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by I_Can_Get_You_A_Toe; 03-29-2010 at 07:10 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Top Contributor

Look into Windvest. they are a little pricey, but I really lke it because it just cuts the wind away from my face and chest without changing the look of the bike.

Screw it! Lets Ride
'08' 900 Custom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 12:02 PM

I have a Pop Top from Memphis shades. I really like it but it doesnt do the job of a fullsize one. It is enough to break the wind from your chest on the highway but that is about it. You can get smaller but this one is a quick detach also.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdez View Post
Has anyone tried a small windshield like the Flyscreen or switchblade from national cycle or any other product similar to that size? If so how does it do against wind on highway? I just don't really like the look of any of the windshields. I want as small as possible while still retaining functionality (thats a word right?). thanks
I have the National Cycle Deflector tinted version. Big enough that it blocks most of the wind to my chest and face, but doesn't take too much away from the looks/lines of the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode