Just took possession of a 900 Custom SE - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Just took possession of a 900 Custom SE

I picked up my new Custom SE this past Saturday. Man, what a ride. I have been riding a Vulcan 500 for the past couple of years, and just upgraded. The wife can now ride the 500 and me the 900. I can say that the 900 has a whole lot more torque and the gearing feels so much different that the 500. We are both so happy that we can ride together now.

I am looking to find a windshield that will complement the bike - any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernhtvt View Post
I picked up my new Custom SE this past Saturday. Man, what a ride. I have been riding a Vulcan 500 for the past couple of years, and just upgraded. The wife can now ride the 500 and me the 900. I can say that the 900 has a whole lot more torque and the gearing feels so much different that the 500. We are both so happy that we can ride together now.

I am looking to find a windshield that will complement the bike - any suggestions??
Awesome!

I love my 900 Custom. It's a great all-around bike.

I too am looking for a windshield, but need a quick release as I dont want to have it on when I dont need it. The bike looks too good the way it is.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 PM

I bought an "07" 900 custom last October. It came with a shorty quick disconnect windshield. I believe this windshield has done nothing to hurt the looks of the bike. it does alright at deflecting the wind off of your upper body, however, at highway speeds, you still get a lot of wind in your face. I think a larger windshield would do a better job, if you plan to take long cruises on the highway.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:58 PM

If you looking for a detachable windshield I suggest the National Cycle quick release models. I have on my 900 custom and love it. I went with the large two up model, when I want to ride on the highway and just pop it off when i want to run without a windshield. It only takes about 30 second to put it on or take it off.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 10:57 PM

Lets face it. Windshields don't look good on bikes unless they are big touring machines. So for me it's either use a big one that does the job well or don't use one. Quick release is nice because you can switch off. If your guna put up with one at least get one that really works well.

09 VN 900 SE
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrep View Post
If you looking for a detachable windshield I suggest the National Cycle quick release models. I have on my 900 custom and love it. I went with the large two up model, when I want to ride on the highway and just pop it off when i want to run without a windshield. It only takes about 30 second to put it on or take it off.

When you take it off does it leave behind any hardware or marks? How is the quality compared to Memphis?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 AM

Garage
I have the Memphis on my Custom. Hardward is nice, disconnect is fast and I don"t think it ruins the look. I went with the tall sport shield.

'08 VULCAN 900 Custom
GenMar Risers
Mustang 2 Up Seat / Mustang Tank Cover
Cobra Back Rest w/ Plate
Cobra Luggage Rack
Willie & Max Revolution Bags
Memphis Shades Windshield
Kuryakyn Iso Grips w/ Throttle Boss
Smoked Signals
Dually Rear Pegs
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies

I have been thinking about the quick disconnect as well. I want to get something that works, but doesn't ruin the looks of this bike.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 PM

Mid-size to Small windshield

I went with the mid-size grey tent Kawasaki shield, fits very nicely with the lines of the custom, the hardware is both black and chrome so it goes with the SE very well...

2016 Indian Dark Horse Chief w/Distressed tan leather
2010 VN 900 Custom SE Tourer
F&S SE Back Rest w/3" extensions
Roadkrome Sturgis Hardbags
Corbin Dual Tourer
Turn Signals w/Smoke Covers
Genmar Risers
Black Mirrors
Black 09 SE Pipes Stage 2 De-baffle
Blacked-Out Handlebar Controls
2008 HD FLH Fairing w/stereo and 6in shield
CC Crash Bar Black
Passenger and driver Floor Boards (Chrome)
Pirelli 200 Rear&90/90 Front

USCG CWO (Ret)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode