Tsukayu Fairings - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Tsukayu Fairings

Does anyone use or have ever used the Tsukayu Fairing? They look super nice. I was planning on purchasing a Memphis Shade batwing fairing but I noticed these are a bit more money but have sound already built in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Lifetime Premium

I recently installed one of their BW's and love it. I stall have to tweak the shims and mounts a bit to better fit my liking but overall it's been a good purchase.

Below are links to the images I have posted:

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Is there a big gap over the headlight? What do you mean tweak does it not sit very well?

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-26-2013, 01:46 PM
Lifetime Premium

In the top picture you can see a decent sized gap in above the headlight.

When I installed it it was getting late and I was running out of daylight. I was more focused on getting it installed and functional. I have to go back and adjust the provided shims so that it is better centered on the headlight. In addition ther is an small amount of angle adjustment that can be done on the mounts that will help close the gap above the headlight.

I am hoping to get to it this weekend as I have to replace my brake pads for the state inspection anyways.

As long as you properly select your year/make/model on ordering you will get the mounting system with the fairing. The instructions are not the greatest tho. The main item that I had a slight difficulty figuring out was the top bracket for the mount. The instructions point to the holes in the bracket and say "handle bar bolts." It did not state if it was to mount on the top of the fork cross bar or underneath. It's underneath in case you were wondering.

When I do get a chance to do my adjustments I will have to remove the fairing to redo the shims. I plan on taking pictures of the mounting system and posting it to aid anyone else that is looking at this option.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Lifetime Premium

maybe its just the optics ... or my eyes, but the headlight opening does not look wide enough for the fairing to sit far enough down.

As i flipped into 5th, i couldnt remember a damn thing she said
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Classic LT Bagger ... SOLD .... ... Batwing Fairing, Metzler 200 rear, Mutazu Hard Bags, Denray Hitch, Mustang Seat, Piggybacker Trailer. traded on a Versys 650 LT ... Loaded

2010 Custom [I] ... traded on a 2015 Ninja 650 Abs traded on a 2016 Versys 650 LT ... Loaded
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post

maybe its just the optics ... or my eyes, but the headlight opening does not look wide enough for the fairing to sit far enough down.
It's the angle the picture was taken. There is about 1/4" on one side (right) and 1/2" on the other (left). This is part of the fine tuning I am hoping to do this weekend to better center the fairing on the light and angle it sits at. All are adjustments built into the provided mounting system.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Is yours the one with the included stereo equipment or did you add your own? How does it sounds on the highway?

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Is yours the one with the included stereo equipment or did you add your own? How does it sounds on the highway?
It came with the radio, speakers and wiring pre-installed. At low speeds it sounds real good. If I use the SDHC slot or Aux port and play MP3's I can hear the music at speeds up to 65 with little issue. The radio seems lower in actual volume even tho the settings are the same so at higher speeds the radio is harder to hear. I am satisfied with it so far.

WARNING: I ordered mine the weekend before Bike Week in Daytona. I took them just over 3 months to get it to me. It arrived the week after Memorial Day. They claimed it was due to Bike week delaying production. It shipped from hong Kong so I am skeptical about that excuse. But it is here now and I am happy.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Top Contributor

do you have any plans to paint the fairing and bag to match the factory two-tone color scheme?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark edward marchiafava View Post
do you have any plans to paint the fairing and bag to match the factory two-tone color scheme?
I've wrestled with this myself, with bags and a trunk. It's about the same price to do those accessories in a two tone as it is to paint the whole bike a solid color!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode