Baron front pulley...best price? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Baron front pulley...best price?

Does anybody know the best place to purchase a Baron front pulley for my 900....I'm taking a trip to Seattle from Utah and back and I think it may help keep the vibration down. It doesn't have to be the absolute best price since I don't mind supporting a good vendor that is fair and honest and has one in stock since I need it soon. I'm also gladly accepting tips for an easy install. I watched the video and it seems pretty easy but it sounds like the alignment marks on the frame are not exact so it may take some further alignment. For those who have installed the front pulley...how many notches back did the re-adjustment take with the new pulley? Thanks for your help.

If Loud Pipes Save Lives, I'm Gonna Live Forever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 12:28 AM

I have looked into the front pulley but have not done it yet. However, the lowest price I found was at phat performance. Here is the link even though it is out of stock right now but they say it will be in stock soon. http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...ba-6574-00.htm

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Cobra Engine Guard
Mustang Touring Seat with backrest
EKLIPES EK1-110 Chrome USB Charging System
K & N Air Filter
Cobra Chrome Radiator Cover
Cobra Chrome Regulator Cover
Cobra Luggage Rack
Kuryakyn ISO Dually Highway Pegs
Kuryakyn ISO Grips
Chuckster's Light Bar
Phatrisers
Rivco LED Turn Signal Mirrors
Metzeler ME880 WW 130/90, 170/80 tires
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 02:36 AM

Dennis Kirk has a really good price...

https://www.denniskirk.com/baron-cus...d/80668534.sku

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 05:32 AM

Garage
My wife got mine for Christmas for me so will try to find out where she ordered it form. But I can tell you I love it. It's one of the best mod's done to the 9. Makes cursing a lot nicer and made my speedometer right on.

Forest
GySgt USMC (Ret)
PGR Member

06 Vulcan Classic
Memphis Shades Batwing
Kaw Gel Seat W/Comfort Zone Backrest (Mod,No more Gel)
Corbra Lightbar (Mod)
Mutazu RS hard bags
Givi E55 Tech Trunk
Cobra Luggage rack.
Highway bar with foot pegs
Kuryakyn Triple Whammy
STREET FX ElectroPods LED Brake Lights
Wolo Bad boy Horn
Custom Flag mounts
LED 4 Way Flasher
5' handlebar Riser
Fully DeBaffeled Stock Pipes
Cobra Fi200r
Cobra PowerFlo
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Garage
Thanks you guys...went with caloggins suggestion and bought from Dennis Kirk. I have bought other stuff from them before with good service and a decent price. I paid $147.11 shipped, it was in stock, and will be here next Friday. I will get it installed before I head to Seattle if all goes well. Thanks again.

If Loud Pipes Save Lives, I'm Gonna Live Forever!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealForest View Post
Makes cursing a lot nicer

This has to be one of the best typos/autocorrects I've seen lately.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017

Year/Make/Model: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Displacement/CC's: 903
Color: Silver
Garage
I have been thinking of changing mine. Too often I'm looking for that 6th gear. What determines the number of teeth? should both be changed out?

"As long as I have the voices in my head, I'll never ride alone."

2006 Vulcan 900 classic
Mustang Day Tripper seat
Cobra Light Bar
Cobra Air Scoop
Cobra short sissy bar
Cobra Lowers
Baron's front and rear pulley
Baron's Big and Nasty pipes
Leatherlyke hard bags
Blue Superbrites LED accent lights
Chrome Woo Loo Air Horn
Avon Grips
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 PM

For anyone else who may want to purchase products from Barons. DO NOT BUY DIRECTLY FROM BARONS! They do all their retail through Motorcycle Superstore, and if you have an issue with a product, well tuff, we've got your money now! I purchased a Barons front pulley from Phat; easy buy no problems. Phat did not carry the rear pulley so I bought from Barons. Price was $325 or so. It was shipped from Motorcycle Superstore. I checked cost on their website and it was approx. $270. Not happy with that. Then I installed and tested it. No better than the Scootworks pulley... Screamed like a banshee. Tweaked and tweaked to no avail. Tried to call Barons and talk to a tech, nope, you get connected to Motorcycle Superstore. They were of no assistance. I was not interested in trying to track a Barons number down and argue more. All three pulleys are for sale, I bought a different make of bike that has a six speed and can cruise more comfortably.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 01:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppawhiskey View Post
For anyone else who may want to purchase products from Barons. DO NOT BUY DIRECTLY FROM BARONS! They do all their retail through Motorcycle Superstore, and if you have an issue with a product, well tuff, we've got your money now! I purchased a Barons front pulley from Phat; easy buy no problems. Phat did not carry the rear pulley so I bought from Barons. Price was $325 or so. It was shipped from Motorcycle Superstore. I checked cost on their website and it was approx. $270. Not happy with that. Then I installed and tested it. No better than the Scootworks pulley... Screamed like a banshee. Tweaked and tweaked to no avail. Tried to call Barons and talk to a tech, nope, you get connected to Motorcycle Superstore. They were of no assistance. I was not interested in trying to track a Barons number down and argue more. All three pulleys are for sale, I bought a different make of bike that has a six speed and can cruise more comfortably.
Hmm...I would have expected that kinda trouble out of scootworks. They shipped me a warped rear pulley and it took 2 hrs on the phone 4 pictures and 15 emails just to send it back. I orderes front and rear through barons with no issues. Works like a charm. I did have some squealing at first but I quickly found it was too tight and off balance. All in all after I got it adjusted Im pretty pleased with barons. But each is different I suppose.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 11:39 AM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Yea, I'm really liking my barons front pulley also. I haven't heard any squealing yet. You guy are getting better prices than I got; $169 at the kawasaki dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode