hard bags - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

hard bags

Seen some pics of some Mutazu bags on a 900 here.Was trying to figure out if they are the small(LN) or big(MU) size that fits nice on the classic.I can,t even find that thread again,before I was searching fenders when I found it,new I should of saved it

Also any other suggestions or pics would be great.Even if its soft bags that some one likes that rides in the rain,but the only ones of those that look good seems to be the KAW ones $$$.

Thanks

06 Vulcan 900 classic-Totaled

Vance & Hines staggered, PC3, K&N in stock opened up box, Darkside

Over & out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to sastrauss
Was looking at them 2.Not sure what one to get but I will have them painted to match my wheel.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:15 AM

xcbullet:

If you are looking for a real nice hardbag that is water tight and looks really good on the classic, check out Mustang Hardbags at www.mustangseats.com

These bags are large (26" x 15.5" or so with a 21" opening) and I am not sure how they will fit on the 900. I have mocked them up on my 1600 Classic (not on yet because I am waiting for my new exhaust to come in) they look really good and fit the lines of the classic fender really well.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 12:45 PM

The LN's are too small, won't fit much of anything. They are also not made as well, the hinges on the LN's are pretty cheap. I had MU's on my custom, and they fit lines nicely. Here's a link with pictures:

https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4149
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 01:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sastrauss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs900c View Post
The LN's are too small, won't fit much of anything. They are also not made as well, the hinges on the LN's are pretty cheap. I had MU's on my custom, and they fit lines nicely. Here's a link with pictures:

https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4149
Just saw your pic's and I am sold hope the look bad a$$ on my LT.Just will need to get them painted to match. RS900c did you use there bracket to mount ? and what is the install time for it about ? Thanks
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks rs900c that was the pics I seen of your bike.

ncvn1600 if you can get pics up when there done would like to see them ,kinda pricey tho

06 Vulcan 900 classic-Totaled

Vance & Hines staggered, PC3, K&N in stock opened up box, Darkside

Over & out

Last edited by xcbullet; 03-18-2010 at 09:00 PM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
KWD

thats the thread that convinced me which bags to go with as well.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Just saw your pic's and I am sold hope the look bad a$$ on my LT.Just will need to get them painted to match. RS900c did you use there bracket to mount ? and what is the install time for it about ? Thanks
No I didn't use the stock brackets, they bring the bags out close to an inch out away from bike. Since these are generic mounts, they were made to clear rear shocks. Since 900's have mono shocks you can get brackets in so bags don't stick out so far.

I also wanted mine permanently mounted and wanted them fairly rigid so I re-enforced the inside of the bags with 1/16" aluminum and mounted the brackets to the frame and where the license plate and tail light mount is.
Here's some pictures of my brackets.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...Bagmounts1.jpg
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...Bagmounts2.jpg
http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/x...Bagmounts3.jpg

Here's some pictures of another guys MU bags mounted on a custom. I thought I read in one of his posts that he used ghost brackets so he could remove bags. You'll notice they stick out a little further and are mounted a little higher.

https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...p?t=39&page=45
https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...p?t=39&page=46

I played around with mine quit a bit just to get them where I thought they looked the best. I can't remember how long I spent on mounting my bags but it took a long time. I did it over the winter when there was no pressure to get it on the road.

I'm selling my 900 and I removed the bags and I'm mounting them on my Vstar 1300. I have the brackets I'd sell to you for $25+ shipping if your interested, but you have to drill and tap your frame.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcbullet View Post
Thanks rs900c that was the pics I seen of your bike.

ncvn1600 if you can get pics up when there done would like to see them ,kinda pricey tho
They are kind of pricey but i took into consideration that they would not have to be painted like the other hardbags that I was looking at. Hardbags can be purchased for a little cheaper but with paint work they would end up costing more plus I really love the look of these bags (the lines match the lines of the Classic fender really well).

My exhaust should be here Wednesday so I will get this all together and try to post pics!!

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode