Adjures headlight - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Adjures headlight

thinking of getting this headlight setup for my 07 custom.
http://www.adjureinc.com/hb53sublrafl2.html
anyone ever deal with this company or have ant experiance changing out the headlight assembly. any info good bad or indiferent would be great...and pics of your headlights would be even better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Top Contributor

Rather slick looking headlight. Would love to see it on a custom! Our headlight... well... it leaves a bit to be desired, especially on the low beam, eh?

BACA Pretzel - Flyin' the highways in OK!
'08 Vulcan 1600 Nomad - "Grace"
Metallic Diablo Black/Candy Fire Red
LED Run/Turn/Brake
Vance and Hines Duals
Dobeck TFI
Kuryakyn Flame grips with Throttle Boss and Stiletto endcaps
Kuryakyn Longhorn offset highway pegs
Vista throttle lock
OEM light bar and luggage rack

B.A.C.A. Member, Oklahoma Chapter

Out to pasture - 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom: Redemption
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

yeah i always felt that the headlight on the custom was a bit boxy and didnt flow well with the rest of the bike. i like the longer look as well as the flames...and the cross looking lamp is slick....just have zero experiance with changing the headlight on a mc. and its is like 2 inches
longer so im not sure about fitting it easily.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 02:50 AM

I don't know how well it'll fit but it sure looks cool!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

looks cool and the price isnt bad either ...im leaning towards getting it .....any one know how to align the headlight properly....i know you can park a certain distance from a garage door and measure it but dont know the distance or the mesurement
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 08:52 PM

ronc09
If your handy with fabricating simple brackets, this shouldn't be a problem.
This headlight probably mounts with a single 5/16" or 3/8" threaded stud that has a pivot point that bolts to bottom of headlight bracket pictured. This arrangement gives you adjustment left and right or up and down. Kawasaki housing has a 2 bolt bracket that bolts to the triple tree, making the headlight housing stationary.
The other thing to consider is these type of headlights are used on custom bikes that typically minimize the wiring and try to keep wire harnesses small and hidden. There is probably only a small hole in back of headlight to bring in a three wire harness to power headlight. Your Kawasaki headlight has a fairly big opening in the back to bring in a larger wiring harness. So you might have to open up whatever hole they have in the headlight for this harness. Not a big deal, just have to be good with tools and take your time.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

well i went ahead and ordered the headlight today, couldnt pass up the price since most lights ive seen are around $300 or so and they r getting $80 just for the bulb. I will post pics when i get it all installed. in the mean time how about all og you with aftermarket headlight post some pics and any info or tips on mounting or wiring.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 10:22 PM

Can't wait to see the pics
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc09 View Post
looks cool and the price isnt bad either ...im leaning towards getting it .....any one know how to align the headlight properly....i know you can park a certain distance from a garage door and measure it but dont know the distance or the mesurement
I have always done it this way.
1. Pull up to the wall or door and get as close as possible. Now make a mark on the wall at the brightest point of the light on the wall.
2. Then back up 20 feet from the wall to the front of the bike. Obvisously the ground should be level. And you want to back up as square as possible to the wall. Now the brightest point of your light should be about a inch below the mark you made before.
3. If you have the extra driving lights on your bike. They should be done the same. (But in my opinion they should be kept level, keeping the brightest point on the mark. But spread them out a little. Making the right one go about a inch to the right of the mark and the left one go about a inch to the left of the mark. This way they will give you a wider beam. Good for lighting up the ditches and woods, for them damn deer. Shine em while they are in the trees, not in the road.

eLi
South of the Twin Cities.
Ride the river.
'07 900 Classic "turned LT"
Cobra Fi2000
Kury HyperCharger
Hard Krome 3" Big Straights (45-8025)
Metzeler WhiteWalls
Speedo fixer in back (170)
Fuel Gauge resistor
'00 Vulcan 750 (SOLD)
'73 Honda CL350
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info......light is scheduled for delivery tommorrow. so depending on weather and when i get home i may start the install tommorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode