anybody have neon lights or leds - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

anybody have neon lights or leds

today i was at a bar and there was a biker crew named los bandindos or something like that anyways. there was a bike with led lights and it looked awsome. I tried to ask him were he got them but he looked at me weird and said dnt worry bout it lol. I was like oh this guy so i just walked away . But yeah anybody have pics i would really appreciate it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Black
Garage
LOL! The Bandidos MC? You're either really brave or extremely na´ve. These guys don't like being approached unless you're being brought to them by someone they already know.

I know some of the guys on the forum are running LEDs, they can probably give you the info you want.

Keep the Shiny Side Up!
'09 900 Custom SE on the Darkside
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:57 AM

i put some blue led pods under my tank a couple days ago - i'll get some pics taken soon....i bought some 6 led pods at autozone for $14 a pair, got 2 pairs and it lights up beautifully.

Darkside 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom debadged
Metallic Diablo Black
HK 2 into 1 Sideburner
Baron's BAK
Cobra fi2000r EFI Tuner
Cobra Short Sissybar
Scootworks Front Pulley
GenMar Risers

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM

The Banditos can and are a pretty bad 1%MC in certain areas around TX. They can also be pretty badass guys to hang out with according to some guys from my MC, Fire & Iron. They have their own ways sometimes and you just have to be careful how you approach them. Take care.

PS I want to see them lights also. Thanks.

AXEMEN MC
KANSAS CHAPTER #1
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 PM

Good thing you caught em' on a good day... 1%ers are rough.

ProdigalFletch
01 Kawi Vulcan 1500 classic
Biker Church of The Heartland RC
Indiana Patriot Guard
VROC ID# 31696
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helek_52 View Post
LOL! The Bandidos MC? You're either really brave or extremely na´ve. These guys don't like being approached unless you're being brought to them by someone they already know.

I know some of the guys on the forum are running LEDs, they can probably give you the info you want.

Ok well i dont think im naive . I am a brave person i just dont like getting blown off. I mean the guys thought they runned the place. I could care less about those guys and there bikes and their attitudes

Last edited by chevy23; 03-11-2010 at 12:16 AM.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

well i didnt know how they acted i just wanted to talk to them about bikes. And where i could go for some stuff. I was being nice and respectful, i didnt know how they acted till after that. But yea, o well thats life. And it dont bother me that those guys wanted to act like that. Anyways anybody have any pics.

im sry if i offended someone in that crew thats in the forum. But i guess i just meet the wrong pps.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 AM

No worries man, it happens. I had a run in with a MC that I'm not gonna name down in Florida last year. We were on the verge of a full on biker brawl over our patches of all things!!! LoL

ProdigalFletch
01 Kawi Vulcan 1500 classic
Biker Church of The Heartland RC
Indiana Patriot Guard
VROC ID# 31696
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom
Displacement/CC's: 900
Color: Black
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy23 View Post
Ok well i dont think im naive . I am a brave person i just dont like getting blown off. I mean the guys thought they runned the place. I could care less about those guys and there bikes and their attitudes
Ok, i'm going off topic and gonna get long-winded.

First off, i apologize if i offended. I really didn't mean to.

I'm sorta old, and have had the opportunity to travel around a good bit. If there's one thing i've learned, it's this: people are people. No matter where i am, no matter where i've been, i've found really nice folks and i've found real jerks. At any school, workplace, church, neighborhood, country, gathering... anywhere. People are people.

I'm sure that within the Bandidos or any other 1%er MC there are some really nice people, but i guarantee there are some real jerks too. The trouble with these guys is that they have a reputation of being "Billy Badass" that they like to identify with and they try to perpetuate. Particularly when they're together as a group... call it a pack mentality if you will.

I've been in salvage yards that make use of dogs as a means of security. When the shop is open, and the owner is there, the dog may approach you, tail wagging, to check you out. At the least, it will probably allow you to approach it. Shut the shop, and approach the dog without the owner around though, and you're in serious trouble. Particularly if there's more than one dog because they feed off each other's anxiety.

Had you talked this guy on his own at a motorcycle show or something, he probably would have been more approachable. Any biker likes to be complimented on his (or her) bike. However, at a bar, with his club members, when he was in full stride trying to be "Billy Badass"? A positive response is pretty unlikely. Like you said, these guys think they run the place; and in their mind, they do.

My suggestion in dealing with patched members of any 1%er MC is to assess the situation and the environment for the given moment. It may be best just to leave them alone. After all, you don't put your hand through a fence to pet a junkyard dog.

Keep the Shiny Side Up!
'09 900 Custom SE on the Darkside
"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 10:02 AM

Hopefully this works. I just got done lighting mine up a few days ago. I designed a kit with a guy who distributes here in Indiana and I installed it myself. Let me know what you think. This picture is without the bags on so the lights would show a bit better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P2280374-1.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1212  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode