Anyone use Xenon bulbs in their bikes - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Anyone use Xenon bulbs in their bikes

Is there a real difference?
Are they useful?
Any specific brand over another if they are being used by anyone?

I don't have a light bar and it would be nice to have a brighter light for safety reasons if they work.

2008 900VN Classic

Bonkers
2008 Vulcan 900LT Classic
28,000 March 2013
Mustang Wide Tour seat w/ backrest
Scootworks front pulley - 2009 version replaced with 2011 version due to squeak issue. Now returning at times with the 2011 model.
Tri-Star brake/signal/running light module (Great mod for more rear visibility)
VA Fork Lowers
Baron Risers
Primary Intake butterflys removed (uncertain if a benefit has been noticed or not)
K&N Air filter with rear air box rubber baffle removed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Top Contributor

LOL......Gremlin bell....2 funny.........I do not have that bulb....But i have read a lot of opinions on this site and others.....In general is mixed as 2 weather they r any brighter....Some say yes some say no.....Seems it gives a whiter light if i remember right...But almost all say they do not last as long and have 2 b replaced more often....There was a link posted at one time, not sure where it is sorry......Terry....

4 WHEELS MOVE THE BODY.....2 WHEELS MOVE THE SOUL.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
Is there a real difference?
Are they useful?
Any specific brand over another if they are being used by anyone?

I don't have a light bar and it would be nice to have a brighter light for safety reasons if they work.

2008 900VN Classic
I'm going to try this bulb out, well as soon as it warms enough to ride that is.

Philips X-Treme Power H4
The products from Philips just keep getting better and better! Thanks to new technology developed by Philips, riders can see and be seen like never before! X-treme Power headlamps project up to 80% more light. The light is powerful and intense, and the extra quality and quantity of light provided by X-treme Power lamps make them ideal for riders who want to stand out and be seen!

X-treme Power is fully homologated for use in all European countries without restriction as replacement for conventional lamps, and is US DOT legal as well. It is compatible with most headlight units, including today's modern complex-shape headlights. Fully interchangeable with existing H4 harnesses for road use and safe to use with plastic lenses.

You can purchased them at the link below. They ship very fast and great to deal with. I have no connection with them other than as a customer.

Skeeter

http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=304

Skeeter
When you’re PSYCHOTIC you never ride A L O N E !

'02 Nomad 1500 FI

Patriot Guard Rider #330
ChromeAholics #759
KawaNow #1391
VROC #31938
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode