windshield recommendations? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

windshield recommendations?

I'm thinking about getting a windshield for my custom. I'm not super concerned about taking away from the "coolness" factor. I only want to use it for long trips, so I'm looking for one with a quick release function, that is functional.

I know about the national cycle switchblade, but for less than half the price, I have found the slipstreamer viper SS-10, also quick release. I may also look at the Hellfire ss24, if anyone has one of those and can comment.

Has anyone here used either of these? (Or recommend anything else quick release)I am 6,1" but I'm not sure what height is high enough....

Last edited by CustomRider; 06-02-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 PM

I got the Memphis Big Shot with quick release.

Took my first highway run since putting it on...made a huge difference in how hammered I felt after.

I'm 6'1" too, and there may have been some buffetting on the top of my helmet, but nothing like when I had no shield.

2011 Vulcan 900 Custom SE
Rivco LED mirrors
Mustang Daytripper saddle
Memphis Shades Big Shot windshield
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 05:49 AM
gte

Memphis shades fats

I installed a Memphis Shades Fats with the quick release hardware last year and have been very happy. I like the looks of the bike without the windshield better than with but once I rode with the shield I haven't taken it off. I'm a little over 6-1 and got a 19" but probably should have gotten a 21" due to some buffeting on the top of my helmet at highway speeds (I got the lowers too) bot I have been happy with the product

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Question revision; what height of windshield works for you 6'1" (ish) guys on your cu

Thanks for the info so far.

Anyone at all have any experience with slipstreamers? My old Honda nighthawk had the slipstreamer spitfire, I believe. It was OK. Much better ride with the shield than without, but it was awfully short.

I think rather than my first questions, what height of wind shield seems to work for you 6' plus guys. I am 6'1" (or 6'2", depending on what convenience store I'm leaving) and rather than guess, would appreciate some feedback based on what you tall(er) guys have on your rides.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode