Mutazu RS vs. HL Fit Full Face Helmets? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Mutazu RS vs. HL Fit Full Face Helmets?

On the fence between these two bags. I think I prefer the look of the HLs, but the RS is 11" wide which looks like it might hold a full face - but it's wider in the middle and it might not. Can RS and HL Owens verify if either of these will fit a full face? Otherwise they look to be roughly the same volume. Sometimes I ride with the full, and would like to not have to carry around when I park. Thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by varrus999 View Post
On the fence between these two bags. I think I prefer the look of the HLs, but the RS is 11" wide which looks like it might hold a full face - but it's wider in the middle and it might not. Can RS and HL Owens verify if either of these will fit a full face? Otherwise they look to be roughly the same volume. Sometimes I ride with the full, and would like to not have to carry around when I park. Thx.
The HLs will not hold a full face or 3/4 helmet. I will hold some 1/2 helmets.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Another +1, the HL will not fit a full face. They look nice, but aren't THAT big.

The RS has the best chance of fitting one but, even that might not. Generally, if you want to lock up and enclose a FF helmet, you need a topcase big enough!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2013 Vulcan Nomad
Color: Blue/White
I just checked the RS bags. No to a full face. They will take a half, but not a whole.

KenDawg
1SG, USA (Retired)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDawg View Post
I just checked the RS bags. No to a full face. They will take a half, but not a whole.
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 AM

I don't think I've seen a set of bag's big enough to hold a full face!! My MUs hold a skid lid.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

I've scraped together some cash and will be buying my hard bags soon. I'm on the fence. I can't decide between HL or RS, and now MU has entered the debate. I like the looks of the HL in the sense that they give the bike that 'bagger' look, but on the other hand the RS seems to have nice lines with the rear fender. The RS has bigger dimensions, but they measure, but they taper quite a bit at the bottom, so are they really much bigger? I also like the MUs because of the lean look on the top (side lid) - but is the side lid practical? It seems to me all my stuff will fall out every time I open it! Also the MU and HL bags have the option of adding the chrome racks on top - I think they would look better on the HLs, but are they any good? Then I hear about some having better locks. My only real requirement is that I am able to at least lock up my half lid and jacket...

Help me decide!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by varrus999 View Post
I've scraped together some cash and will be buying my hard bags soon. I'm on the fence. I can't decide between HL or RS, and now MU has entered the debate. I like the looks of the HL in the sense that they give the bike that 'bagger' look, but on the other hand the RS seems to have nice lines with the rear fender. The RS has bigger dimensions, but they measure, but they taper quite a bit at the bottom, so are they really much bigger? I also like the MUs because of the lean look on the top (side lid) - but is the side lid practical? It seems to me all my stuff will fall out every time I open it! Also the MU and HL bags have the option of adding the chrome racks on top - I think they would look better on the HLs, but are they any good? Then I hear about some having better locks. My only real requirement is that I am able to at least lock up my half lid and jacket...

Help me decide!!
I too looked at all your options. I finally decided on the HL for the old school look. It holds more than I thought so I have been very pleased with them. I have seen pics of the HL storing a half helmet. Just my 2 cents...

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Color: Orange SE
Garage
I have a nice big trunk so I have storage, but I, too, went for the HL. It just looks so much better on the 900. I know other bags follow the lines better, but they don't follow it perfectly. To me, if it mates up 'almost', that looks worse than a bag that isn't even TRYING to mate up, like the HL. LOTS of touring bikes have the stocky/squared off bag look. I think it looks great!

I think the HL are the best looking. Plenty of room too.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

I'm leaning towards the HLs. Every time I look at pics of them on the Vulcan I am impressed. When I look at the others I find myself over analyzing the look. Go with what 'feels' right! Does anyone have the optional chrome rails? I'm thinking of buying them at the same time to save on shipping. I think they will add a nice touch, would like to see how the look..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode