The 9 gets attention. - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

The 9 gets attention.

A few days back, I went for a putt and found myself 100 miles from no-where. Anyways, nowhere had a coffee shop (of course) and I pulled in and parked next to two other bikes (Harley and a Yamaha) both nice bikes. After I exchanged nods and pleasantries, I went in and got a coffee and came back out. I was talking with the fellas when a road crew pulled up, (dozer, dump-truck etc.) The guys all hopped out, strode over, walked by the other two bikes and circled around mine. The questions began.....first one everytime, "What is it?"...lol...(always means how many cc's). "900" I replied, "wow" One guy said, "it sure "looks" like a big bike". "All I need" I replied. Then the what year, is it easy on gas....all the regular questions. They got their coffee's, circled back around the 9, talked a spell....I finished mine and said my "take it easy's"....and left. I was thinking later that they never once even looked at the other two bikes. It's funny when you look at your bike through another's eyes...ya kinda appreciate it all over again. Well, it's nice to have bragging rights.....lol. Congrats to last months BOTM winner, it kind of exemplifies (to me)...what a beauty these 9's really are.

2009 VN900 Classic LT.
Nova Scotia, Canada.
Cobra luggage rack.
Kuryakyn Grand Tourer luggage bag.
Kuryakyn air filter cover.
170/80/15 Metzler rear tire.
Fire and Ice passenger floorboards.
Stage 2 debaffle (screens left intact).

Last edited by silenthill; 05-31-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 08:07 AM
Top Contributor

I have had the same experience. The "look" draws them in and once they find out it is a Kawa, only a 900 and the price, they really shake their heads......
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 09:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivadude View Post
I have had the same experience. The "look" draws them in and once they find out it is a Kawa, only a 900 and the price, they really shake their heads......
same here...
and mine is rather stock looking...

But I was treated mercifully because I didn’t know what I was doing—didn’t know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And all because of Jesus. Here’s a word you can take to heart and depend on: Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. I’m proof—Public Sinner Number One—of someone who could never have made it apart from sheer mercy.

1Tim 1, MESS Bible

2006 Vulcan900 Classic

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 09:17 AM
Top Contributor

After having mine for a year, without a doubt, I realize that I got a lot of bike for a good price.

I had to go for two rides yesterday. I don't want to get off of it. It has the power I need and the range. Kawi did a great job!

I love the rides to nowhere... and glad to know there are coffee shops there.
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 09:27 AM
zig
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Nowhere is my favorite destination too. I'll be glad when they get that road construction finished. LOL
Like my 900 also. Still makes me stop and stare sometimes, at my own bike.
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 01:15 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Have to admit they are good looking bikes when they are all cleaned up and waxed

2006 900 LT

Easy Mods
Crash Bars,Rear Tail Lights in Bags,Cooler bag on Sisy Bar,hand made Bag on Windshield,Wally world Cup Holder,Lower Shields,Gas Tank Bib,Baron Front Pulley

**Bikers are hard to find, Bikes are a Dime a Dozen**

My Second Hobby:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here is another Hobby of mine model boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 02:31 PM

My 900 Custom is the Burnt Candy Orange so it garners a lot (or alot Jace will correct me) attention. The color was one of the main reasons that I purchased the bike in the first place so I was pleasantly surprised by the popularity and durability of our Vulcan.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Mine is always too dirty to be that interesting!

But I agree! They are good looking bikes. It's not 'just another Harley', but it's also a little less 'cookie cutter metric'. Somewhere in the middle where it stands out a bit. Those Kawasaki engineers did a great job!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Top Contributor

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	32193

I really miss my shadow. I loved the color and cleaned up really nice.
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Top Contributor

A veteran friend of mine, same age, bought a Harley at about the same time I bought my 900 Classic SE. We met halfway between our homes for breakfast. He got there first and when he came out he really looked over my bike. He finally asked "How much did it cost you?" He did the "head shake" thing too, saying "I knew I should have looked at something other than a Harley." Not only are the taxes and insurance less for the 900, the cost difference will pay for my taxes and insurance until I decide I can't safely ride any more. He doesn't get anywhere any faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode