How Loud is TOO LOUD? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

How Loud is TOO LOUD?

Ok, I just installed my V&H Twin Slash Staggereds and they sound amazing. But I had to know what they sounded like with no baffles. So if anybody ever wondered this is what they sound like with no baffle.

http://youtu.be/1q_9XEF4In0

This is my friend on my VN900 demoing it for me. In that video he never really got on it and it was still crazy loud. I had to put them back in, my ears started to hurt after 30 minutes of riding it at slow speeds.

So does anybody rock pipes that loud all the time or is it just too loud?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 02:10 AM
Top Contributor

Mine are loud ALL the time, but NEVER too loud!

"I taught your boyfriend that thing you like . . . "

Vulcan 900 Classic

Harley Davidson Road King (103")
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2015/Kawasaki/Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/Grey
It's never too loud

2015 Voyager Black/Grey
My Latest DriftGhost-S + GOPRO HERO4 MotoVlog: WHEN 2 MOTOVLOGGERS MEET IN KSA!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 05:11 AM
Top Contributor

Yeah - too loud.

2008 VN900 Vulcan Classic
2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 06:48 AM

Garage
If it's too loud...you're too old! LOL
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 07:11 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2008 VN2000 Classic LT
Color: Blue / Silver
Garage
I've never been a fan of the "Hardly Davidson - My Dick Is Too Small" loud pipes. Ugh. I don't mean pipes you can just hear. I mean pipes that make conversation inside my house impossible when you ride by. That is WAY too loud. And likely breaking some sound ordinances.

-Az

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Pretty loud!

I like loud pipes. But I've got a buddy with a 106 inch Victory and little short homemade straight pipes. He thinks they look good; they don't. He thinks they sound good; they don't. They DO however, leave you in pain if you're too close and tick off everyone he rides by! To each their own I guess!

To me pipes are like hot sauce. Hot sauce should be hot- that's the point. But it's also gotta have flavor. Making it hot just to make it hot and making it so hot it's not enjoyable; all the while eliminating the flavor, is just silly. Likewise, you can add a bunch of flavor but it not be hot and CALL it hot sauce, but it's not. Gotta find the balance!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Lifetime Premium

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Kawasaki Vaquero
Color: Red
If I can't have a conversation with you standing beside your bike at idle without shouting at the top of my lungs, it's TOO LOUD.
If I can't hear my TV in my house, or the stereo in my truck as you pass by it's TOO LOUD.
If you leave early for work every morning and start finding your driveway salted with nails, perhaps your pipes are TOO LOUD.
There is a difference between an authoritative rumble and LOUD. I like rumble, loud is just annoying. Hell, I've got a lawn mower that can be loud, I don't find it impressive either.

Jerry "Old Bear" Barker
Clarksville, TN
Americas Guardians PS MC
Tennessee 16-A Chapter
"Blaze" 2017 Vaquero
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
Pretty loud!

I like loud pipes. But I've got a buddy with a 106 inch Victory and little short homemade straight pipes. He thinks they look good; they don't. He thinks they sound good; they don't. They DO however, leave you in pain if you're too close and tick off everyone he rides by! To each their own I guess!

To me pipes are like hot sauce. Hot sauce should be hot- that's the point. But it's also gotta have flavor. Making it hot just to make it hot and making it so hot it's not enjoyable; all the while eliminating the flavor, is just silly. Likewise, you can add a bunch of flavor but it not be hot and CALL it hot sauce, but it's not. Gotta find the balance!
Well said.

I always thought I would love loud pipes. I was wrong. Sure they sound cool. For about three minutes. Then they really start getting to you. My bike came with cobra speedster longs. I like the look. But I can't ride for more than 10 minutes without ear plugs. On a longer trip, earplugs are mandatory for me.

I looked in to the so called "quiet baffles" but have heard they really don't do much to quiet them down. I will try titanium wrapping the baffles one day.

Last edited by CustomRider; 05-28-2013 at 08:54 AM.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburton1224 View Post
If it's too loud...you're too old! LOL
Maybe too old means being more considerate to others! I agree with the last few posts!! Have some class and don't be an A$$!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode