09' Custom Special Edition NEW Price$$? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
09' Custom Special Edition NEW Price$$?

So I need to know what I should pay for a left over 09' in a crate its the 900 Special Edition. Also might askf or them to put a used windshield and saddlebags they have on a used custom i looked at. What should I get it for before tax and interest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Top Contributor

For sure at least under the MSRP out the door. Oh and yes, including the extended warranty and used windshiled and bags.

Now the VN900 Customs have been out since 2007. You can probably find one in the streets for a lot less. Soon these 900's will be outdated so I would buy used and save. I only buy new when its a brand new model.

Gitty Up & Go!

2007 VN 900 Custom modifications:
Corbin Young Guns Saddle*OEM Classic Gel Flame Saddle (when 2up)*OEM Light Bar*National Cycles Shield*OEM Ribbed Handlebar Grips*OEM Classic Rear Fender*PC III*V&H SCS Pipes (Modified)*Comet Milled BAK*Engine Guard*Genmar Risers*Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail Light*Kury Magnum Plus Mirrors*Kury Cruise Control*Upgraded Horn*Metzler 90/90/21*Avon Venom 200/70/15*Both SW Pulleys.

Last edited by V Twin; 02-06-2010 at 10:02 AM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So..Final OTD Price Before tax and interest??

So what should I pay before tax and interest. Or I was thinking $6000 financed and 800 down is about my limit. Should I push for it? With shield and saddle bags?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:15 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch420 View Post
So I need to know what I should pay for a left over 09' in a crate its the 900 Special Edition. Also might askf or them to put a used windshield and saddlebags they have on a used custom i looked at. What should I get it for before tax and interest?
My Friend....If your going to buy a left over Custom, and virtually turn it into a LT, why not buy a left over LT. Thats what I did last year about this time. My dealer had several leftover 08's with no extras @ $7500. I added OEM crashbars and a lightbar, tax and licence out the door for $9000. My dealer here in IOWA has leftover 09's and factory repos for that now, $7500

"KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND BE SAFE"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pasnbyu

Pearl City Life Riders RC
'11 Voyager aka "THE UNIT"
Utopia Backrest
Mirror Extensions
Kury Offset Pegs
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Because...

Only because I love the look and style of the SE, it will be my first bike and it needs to be something I love and I plan to take very good care of it considering I will have it for a long time. Probably like 6 years. But it sounds like from your comment if I can get it with bags and shield for $7000 or under OTD then its worth every penny. I'm only 22 and will only be 2 up here and there in a year or so. I don't exactly need or want an LT although the 2-tone red and black looks nice. I'm shooting for value here. I don't make much.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Only because I love the look and style of the SE, it will be my first bike and it needs to be something I love and I plan to take very good care of it considering I will have it for a long time. Probably like 6 years. But it sounds like from your comment if I can get it with bags and shield for $7000 or under OTD then its worth every penny. I'm only 22 and will only be 2 up here and there in a year or so. I don't exactly need or want an LT although the 2-tone red and black looks nice. I'm shooting for value here. I don't make much.
Hey man,,,thats cool, just thought I would throw out that sugestion. In the end you have to be happy with your purchase and have no regreats. For me I am 57 and the LT was the right fit, other than the hard ass OEM seat. I have bought a Mustang seat, so it will be going on this Spring after all the snow goes away. I like chrome, so I have added alot of that over the past year. Get what you like, just be SAFE!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pasnbyu

Utopia Backrest
Mirror Extensions
Kury Offset Pegs
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
SAfe

I'm taking a course in the next few weeks. The only thing that concerns me is the counter steering but I just need to raise my confidence and believe in myself. As far as the hard ass stock seat, I'll be stuck with it for atleast the first half of the year unless I get soemthing cheaper. Darn money.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I'm taking a course in the next few weeks. The only thing that concerns me is the counter steering but I just need to raise my confidence and believe in myself. As far as the hard ass stock seat, I'll be stuck with it for atleast the first half of the year unless I get soemthing cheaper. Darn money.
I hear ya,,,,I too took a course a few years ago to get my cycle licence here in IOWA. I decided to take the "ABATE" course not that far from home here, made a big difference in confidence, but that will only come with you just riding every chance you get. They say you will ride a bike like you drive you car, if you don't take chances driving, you won't riding. Riding is like nothing else, I'm just sad I was away from it for almost 30 years, but now I'm back BABY!!!! I ride with a group of people that are great, and my wife has her own bike so we go out and ride alot together. JUST HAVE FUN and BE SAFE my friend!!!

pasnbyu

Utopia Backrest
Mirror Extensions
Kury Offset Pegs
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Year/Make/Model: 2008 Honda Goldwing Level3
Displacement/CC's: 1800
Color: Pearl White
Garage
Quote:
If you want to get a better understanding of counter steering, riding better and surviving on the streets, pick up a copy of :
Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David L. Hough

Always available on Amazon for under $20

Jeff, Twin Cities, MN

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2010, 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=Switch420;38869]I'm taking a course in the next few weeks. The only thing that concerns me is the counter steering but I just need to raise my confidence and believe in myself. QUOTE]

Don't sweat the counter steering. It actually comes natural for most. If you think about it too much it only messes with ya!

2009 Vulcan 900LT Red/Titanium

OEM Passenger boards
OEM Windshield Bag
OEM Engine Guard
Windshield Lowers
Phat II risers
Cobra Lightbar
Cobra Luggage Rack
Kury Triple Wammy
Mustang Seat and passenger backrest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement