helmet speakers anyone got em? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

helmet speakers anyone got em?

wanna have tunes for the ride maybe you could help me decide what works best.thanks have a great day!

LIFE IS GOOD! TILL IT SNOWS!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 02:49 PM

Garage
I use ear buds and an Ipod Nano. Hundreds of songs and a nice small footprint. Clip it to the bottom of my jacket and off I go.

Current Bike: 2007 1500 Vulcan Classic, Black
All stock, no decals, KD bags, Highway Hawk engine guard, Kawi windscreen and more to come

Unless you're the lead dog, the view never changes!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 PM

Curious about that myself.
Currently use noise-cancelling earbuds with my mp3 player. By that I mean the type with the different size rubber outers so you can fit them to your ear and they act like earplugs too. Pretty handy but they tend to vibrate out on the vulcan after an hour or so.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 PM

When I choose to listen to music when I am riding, I also use noise cancelling earbuds with different adapters. I have my mp3 players with about 500 songs at my fingertips that I just use the clip to fasten it inside my jacket or vest. I also wear a half helmet and the earbuds don't blow out with the wind or anything.

Current bikes: 1999 Honda VFR800, 1999 Vulcan Drifter 800, 2000 Honda Magna VF750C
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
I don't wear a helmet, earbuds won't work. They blow right out. And when I do wear a helmet I have to route the wires just right otherwise the windstream floats them right in front of my face. But I have a set of bluetooth stereo headphones that work great. I can hear the bike and the traffic and my music. I used to have Insignia (best buy store brand) but one of my last rides of the summer I had to jump off the bike really fast (I had to pee and was racing my bro-in law to the biffy) and they flew off my head and busted up in the parking lot. Best buy dont carry the Insignia ones anymore, but they have these Rocketfish ones for like $59. They are probably made by the same company that made the Insignia ones.

I have seen some helmet speakers at the dealer. They are called Thumpers. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...afCatId=&mmyId= They velcro into the helmet. When I finally spend some money on a good helmet I think I am going to get these. I really gotta start wearing a helmet again.

eLi
South of the Twin Cities.
Ride the river.
'07 900 Classic "turned LT"
Cobra Fi2000
Kury HyperCharger
Hard Krome 3" Big Straights (45-8025)
Metzeler WhiteWalls
Speedo fixer in back (170)
Fuel Gauge resistor
'00 Vulcan 750 (SOLD)
'73 Honda CL350
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Lifetime Premium

Those look almost exactly like the ones I recommended in your other thread. They can handle several watts of power, with most Mp3 being around 2 watss you'll be plenty safe.

'98 800a w/aluminum wheels/tubeless tires
Iron Butt Ass.#34911

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 06:35 PM

Go the Scala Rider Q2 headset if u want to spend a bit, 2 earpieces, waterproof, comes with 6 FM stations you can save, also an MP3 jack for Iphone/Ipod ect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode