Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Would this be considered good deal?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Rajincajun 
#1 ·
Being that I already own the bike so there is no going back now. I got it a few day's ago so tell me what you think.

I got the VN900 custom, it's black 2008 with 5600 miles on it. it was garage keep and when I say it is show room new looking, if you where to see it you could not tell if it was even ridden. When I went to see the bike I could not believe how perfect it was, it was flawless, no nicks or dings or even a scratch. I paid Tax, title and licence out the door for $4500 It rides perfecte.

So what you think was it wort it??
~R~

#2 ·
Thats a pretty good deal!
I always advise people not to buy something new unless is a brand new redesing model. Why pay $7k for a new vn900 when u saved 3k for one that looks as new.

#7 ·
The reaason it was so cheap was the guy selling it owned a small car sales lot and someone traded the bike in for a car and the car dealer closed down the lot Dec 30 and was needing the money. He did my tax title right on the spot. I got my plate yesterday so some times to good does come true.

~R~

#8 ·
Now that you mention that you got it from a small car sales lot makes me nervous.
Some of these guys buy them at auctions and repair them (cars & motorcycles). With over 5k miles on it it should have some rock chips or something that would be noticeable. Again, now that you stated small car dealer and you stated the bike is in show room conditions with not a single scratch I wonder if they repaint it...

#9 ·
I bet you'll be fine! My son has a 2007 900 custom he bought new. It has 5,000+ miles on it and he keeps it clean & nice. It has been mistaken for brand new several times when we're riding! Once, even by a friend of his. He thought for sure my son had traded bikes already. Some people just keep their things in top condition. It takes time, but it can be done! So, if you checked it out good and were satified with it then relax and enjoy it. They are very nice bikes!

Enjoy the ride!

-MK

#13 ·
SO far 600 miles and no issues, motor is very quiet and feels strong. If it was laid down whoever did the repair did some great work. I susually can catch things when it comes to cars and such, bkies are not much different.

And being a used care sales person I was a little worryed also, but when he gave me his home phone number and told me to stop by if I wanted to get the paper work done before the weekend and pick the plate up the same day I kind of felt this guy had nothing to hide.

So all in all unless something goes wrong here soon I would think it's good to go. I was ridding the bike a few days ago and decided to get her out on the freeway and open her up some. So we went up through the gears and was hitting 110 no problems and I ran that for about a mile or two, she was very smooth and didn't drift. I let her back down to about 70 and let go of the bars :eek: and she treackeg stright as an arrow. I never would of let go of the bars but there was no othre cars around and I have been riding long enough to know not to be stupid.

~R~

#14 ·
Thats pretty sweeet then. Its nice when they track well. People do get bent when you say you let go of the bars. That doens't mean you let go and put your hands behind you head. You can let go and have your hands hovering over the grips in case she starts to wobble.

#15 ·
LOL your right I did not put my hands in the air, I just lifted them off the grips, I may be a good rider but I'm still a scared rider and a scared rider is a safe one.

~R~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.