Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Wanna do some upgrades.

6K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  truckie453 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a fairing for my 08 V900, I have looked at about 1000 pictures of the V900 and haven't seen any with the Cafe style fairing. Anyone know if they even make one for the 08 V900? I really don't want the wind screen, It's more for looks than anything. I think it would add more of a sporty look so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grate-full.

And I would like to get a license plate relocate and move the plate off the rear and put it on the side. Anyone got any suggestions on a good quality mount?

Thanks again..

R

#2 ·
memphis shades makes a fairing for the 900 i believe it comes flat black(you paint to match) and you choose the wind deflector for it.for the plate bracket arlen ness makes one and show chrome and a couple others as well. i believe in ny where im from they are going to be illegal. thats what i was told at americade this year i may be wrong im not for certain.

#3 ·
#4 · (Edited)
where you from cajun? i've been looking for someone close to home. i got an 08 vulcan custom. as for license plate relocator the old Full Moon Cycles off of Johnston street has one...I'm not sure the cost

#5 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of a VN900 Custom with the Cafe OEM windshield.

For looks the Cafe is the way to go in my opinion (for the vn900c).

I've had mine for about four months and the Pros are:
1-Looks
2-Takes off all that pressure from your chest
3-Because of less pressure you hands will apprecaite it
4-For some reason it eliminates the engine nosises to berly noticeable
5-Keeps those bugs away from you
6-You still fill that precious wind in your hair if any left :)

Cons:
1-I wear contacts and the shield does not provide all the protection against wind as I would like and therefore my contacts dry very fast.

I'm thinking soon I will sell mine to buy a bigger one but gotta prepare my self first for the new looks... PM me if you're interested.

#8 ·
Thats pretty close to what I'm looking for but I wan't the one that goes around the head lamp just like the old school cafe racers do. I see them on the older Harley's . I'm starting to think I'm gonna have to have someone make it for me or modify one. So the search goes on.

Thanks for the input..

#21 ·
Anyone ever get the JC Whitney cowl on?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.