Mustang Daytripper Seat - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Mustang Daytripper Seat

Anybody have one? have a great look and Mustang has a great reputation for comfortable seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 12:59 PM

Hi Matt,,,,
I just bought a Mustang seat for my 08 LT right before Christmas, but with 15" of snow on the ground and 5' drifts and temps not above 0f, it'll be quite a while before I will get a chance to enjoy my new seat. I can say that a 2x4 would be an improvement over that hard as a rock OEM seat. Pics will come as the weather warms up. I also got the one with the drivers backreat.

"KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND BE SAFE"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pasnbyu

Pearl City Life Riders RC
'11 Voyager aka "THE UNIT"
Utopia Backrest
Mirror Extensions
Kury Offset Pegs
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:15 PM

I have the Mustang Touring seat with driver backrest. The backrest is the critical thing for me. My butt still gets sore after a couple hours, thinking about getting an airhawk to add to it. But the Mustangs are about $100 cheaper right now than when I bought mine last year.

-Eric
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 PM

Big G

Hey Mat. I have one on my vtx 1300c . I also have the mustang sport tour 2 piece. Both are 2 different kinds of comfortable but I like the looks of the Day tripper so it has stayed on the bike. I thought about a new seat for my Voyager but I think kawasaki did a good job on the stock one. If iever change it I will buy a Mustang
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Well I ordered a Deluxe DayTripper today, so I guess we will see. $308 from GM Cycles.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 04:56 PM

mustang daytripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk22 View Post
Well I ordered a Deluxe DayTripper today, so I guess we will see. $308 from GM Cycles.
I have been looking at the daytripper seat for quite awhile now I really like the looks and am sure the front section of the seat is comfortable being it is a mustang, but I would really like some input on the passenger comfort. My wife likes to ride with me but stock seat sucks and she and I really don't care for the looks of other seats with the wide rear section. Any info is appreciated.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 12:22 PM

reviving an old thread... any news on the day tripper?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01lowbird View Post
reviving an old thread... any news on the day tripper?
I am interested in this as well. The stock seat is horrible, and although I have an airhawk (which helps tremendously), I will probably buy a new seat at some point. Otherwise, if I decide to keep the stock seat w/ airhawk, I will probably end up adding a Utopia back rest. I think that will be a huge improvement.

I don;t mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone else have a Utopia backrest on a stock seat? If so, was it a huge improvement?

Even with the airhawk, it is mostly my tail bone that gets sore.

Matt
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 01:18 PM

Hi,

I have a Mustang Day Tripper and I like it. I don't think it changes my seating position like the larger touring seats do however, it is much more comfortable than the stock seat.

I would suggest you cruise Ebay for a while to see if your can find a good deal. If you can wait for it you can find some excellent deals from time to time. I picked mine up brand new for $99.00 + free shipping, hope this helps and good luck.

Best
Sam
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 AM

cheapest ive seen was 229 with free shipping... inflation is a biotch lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode