BAK and Techlusion - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Smile BAK and Techlusion

Santa was nice to Traveller and got him a BAK and Techlusion fuel management unit. (By the way, according to the Techlusion web site, they produce private label units also. The Bully, Juice Box and some others appears to be a Gen 3 Techlusion unit.)

The installation first. Very pleased with the BAK installation, very easy and clean.

The Techlusion also installed very nicely and without and problems, except where to put the controller. The location I choose, was probably different than others have used, but I liked it.

I installed it in the tool box with a 1/4 wide slot cut to run the cables forward from the closed box. Seemed reasonable, since I emptied the OEM tool pouch once and never could repack it so that it would fit in the tool case. Now the tool case stores extra fuses, the Techlusion a few other very small items, and the tool pouch (without tools that I wouldn't use on the roadside anyway absent) just sits forward of the tool case under the seat without any problems.

I set it per the instructions included.

Total time, about 2 to 3 hours for both.

Now for the impression of the improvement.

Sound is clearly louder, but some of the increase may just be the intake sound/noise I'm hearing. Appearance is also greatly improved by the Black /Pinstripe BAK.

Performance is definitely better and for the time being, I intend to leave the settings on the Tech unit alone. Logic I am using is that the air flow sensor will cause the ECU to adjust the injector pulse for the increased inlet air flow (provided by the BAK) and the Tech unit will then add the correct amount to get a good A/F ratio based on the longer injector pulse duration it see from the ECU.

The BAK was purchased from Cruiser Customizing and the Techlusion from Custom Dynamics. Both were prompt and good to deal with.

Happy camper I am. (So is Traveller )

09 Vulcan 900 Custom - Traveller
09 FZ 6 - Lakota

Last edited by Shiloh; 01-01-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 06:46 PM

show some pictures of that BAK black pinstripe
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 09:18 AM

Fuggin EFI Fuel Controller (GenIII)

Fuggin Fabrication offers there Fuggin EFI Fuel Controller (Gen III) pre-programmed for the VN900, 1500/1600 Mean Streak and 1500/1600 Classic. The unit is plug and play, no splicing wires or tapping on the wiring. The Fuggin EFI Fuel Controller simply plugs in to your injectors and is grounded, ready to go.

The unit comes pre-programmed for your bike, but is also fully adjustable to fine tune for your air and fuel requirements. The Fuggin EFI Fuel Controller comes complete with installation and adjustment instructions; Tech-support is also available.

The unit sells for $249.00, we will offer forum members a 10% discount on orders.

To place your order contact: Doug at Fuggin Fabrication 480/813-4474

Also see our offering of Kawasaki Exhaust Systems at: www.fugginfabrication.com

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Picture of BAK

Here is the pictiure that was requested:

Not a great pic, but its very cold here.

09 Vulcan 900 Custom - Traveller
09 FZ 6 - Lakota
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2010, 03:49 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Rog_rides_again
What exactly does the fuel controller do.And how much does it increase the H.P. and torque.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 10:50 AM

What the Fuel Controller Does

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog_rides_again View Post
What exactly does the fuel controller do.And how much does it increase the H.P. and torque.
When you are adding an aftermarket exhaust system and higher flow air-filter you must increase the amount of fuel to the motor. The bike from the factory is set-up to run lean to meet EPA requirements. When change the air-flow the motor needs more fuel to run correctly or it will run hot. (To lean)
The fuel controller connects between the stock ECU and fuel injectors to increase amount of fuel the ECU is signaling to the injectors. A fuel controller alone will increase the horsepower just by letting the bike have more fuel, but when you change the pipes, air-flow and fuel thatís when you will see the performance gains in horsepower and torque.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode