Hard Bags On Ebay - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Hard Bags On Ebay

What do you guys think of these bags i found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...mZ190359912523
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Top Contributor

I don't know about the saddle bags themselves, but I can highly recommend the Ghost Brackets. They make the bags easily removable. I have them on my LT and it's nice to be able to remove them from cleaning, maintenance and/or riding without any saddle bags at all.

Mark...Rollingbones
2011 Harley Road King FLHR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Vulcan 900 Classic (Sold)
American Legion Riders Post 383
Patriot Guard Riders
Sacramento Metro Fire CERT
West Fair Oaks Neighborhood Watch
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 04:17 AM

Garage
You have to like the rear LED lights already on there, nice feature. It would be helpful to see what they'd look like on the bike.

Something I've done in the past is to search through a seller's feedback list for the same item that's been sold before, contact that previous buyer through the eBay channels and politely introduce yourself, tell them you're looking at the same item and were wondering how did they actually like it? I see these same bags were purchased on Dec. 4, so you could check with that buyer and get a more complete assessment. I've had people tell me both "yes it's good" and also "no, stay away, I wouldn't buy it again". It seems like people are pretty willing to share their real final feelings about the buy after it's had a chance to get used.

'09 900LT
—Mustang Wide Studded Touring Seat
—Metz ME 880s
—Irons In The Fire lowers
—Küry Iso Grips w/Throttle Boss
...and a bunch of other little stuff

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 AM

I was actually looking at these bags for my bike. This same set of bags are sold at other websites. I found them for $115. plus S&H at www.mutazu.com If you do a google search for Black LN Saddlebags I thiink you will find a few sites that sell them. Good hunting!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

hmm all good ideas ....forest i like the idea of contacting the old buyers never thought of doing that ....ghost thanks for the link to that website they seem to have hard bags at affordable prices .... now i guess its finding out how they hold up in the real world ..... i'll have to look into the ghost brackets i like the idea of being able to remove them .... i wonder if anyone around here has those hard bags and have had luck with them
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Top Contributor

I've been familiar with the Mutazu products for a couple of years and have looked at them myself in the past when I had my Burgman 650. The few people I've come accross who have them seem to be happy with them. If you did make them removable, you'd have to look at a detachable, plug in wiring system as well.

Mark...Rollingbones
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Patriot Guard Riders
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

good to hear they seem very cheap so i wanted to make sure i knew what i was getting ... rolling bones where did you get your ghost brackets?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Top Contributor

My wife got them for me as a gift. She got them on line somewhere (Google search). You can also find them on eBay. The were pretty easy to install on my stock LT bags.

Mark...Rollingbones

Patriot Guard Riders
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

i found them there expensive i'll have to try and come up with something
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:49 AM

I've owned the Mutazu MU hardbags, they are the larger version of the LN bags shown. The LN are suppose to have cheaper hardware and are smaller than the MU bags (I was considering these before I bought the MU bags). The LED's are junk, they must have had a non electrical designer that didn't know what they were doing. On the MU bags they quit selling the LED lights soon after I bought mine. All of my LED's except 3 or 4 are burned out, now the sell a replacement kit with standard bulbs. The MU bags are average quality, not what I'd call top quality, but they are good value for the money your paying.

Here is a link with pictures of MU bags on my 900 custom:

https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4149

Here is the link to Mutazu LN bags, you'll notice that they're only $115 when you buy direct from Mutazu instead of $148 on Ebay.

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...=12&s=prod.php
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode