900 LT Accessory Connector UNDER THE FUEL TANK - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

900 LT Accessory Connector UNDER THE FUEL TANK

Hi, all.

I have searched almost all of the posts already in the forum regarding the 900 LT accessory hook-ups, as described in the owners manual, and have not found any posts that apply to this particular concern. Perhaps one of you have already solved this problem and could help me out?

The 900 LT owners manual indicates that there are two prewired accessory outlets on the bike, one under the seat in front of the battery (which many of you have clearly located) and another under the right side of the fuel tank.

I saw a number of posts stating that the forward connectors were actually in the headlight can but, at least on my LT and my wife's, there is most certainly a connector of some kind right under the right side of the fuel tank. It appears that it will accept bullet connectors but I'm not sure.

The owners manual says to have the dealer install the connections there (under the tank).

I bought the 900 LT service manual and there's absolutely nothing in it about hooking up that connector.

I called the dealer and they don't have a clue.

I don't want to run the wires to power my GPS (that will be mounted on my handlebar) from the battery under the tank and I'd just as soon not have to fiddle with the headlight wiring (I've done it before and if there IS a straightforward way to just plug into the accessory circuit, I'd prefer that).

Does anyone know what is required to hook up the accessory circuit under the tank?

Thanks ahead of time for sharing your expertise.

Mine: 2009 Vulcan 900 LT (did own a 2006 LT before this one)
Wife's: 2006 Vulcan 900 LT
Best bike ever: Vulcan 900 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 PM

I used the connectors in the headlight for my garmin, the owners manual will tell you which wire is positive and which is negative, actually VERY simple to hook up and hide the wires

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=1561&ra=true#
that is the cord i used, it also works to charge my blackberry.

Darkside 2008 Vulcan 900 Custom debadged
Metallic Diablo Black
HK 2 into 1 Sideburner
Baron's BAK
Cobra fi2000r EFI Tuner
Cobra Short Sissybar
Scootworks Front Pulley
GenMar Risers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 10:26 PM

Garage
The connectors are there, I used bullets to make the connection and everything worked out fine. I was able to use the power in the headlight can and also the connector by the battery. I installed a Kuryakyn Power point on the handle bars so I could use my GPS or charge my cell phone. Go to a bike cruise and I'm sure someone will help you out.

'06 Vulcan900 Classic Candy Fire Red
Memphis Shades w/quik Disconnect
Cobra Sissy Bar and Rack
Lindby Multi bar with Kury Silver Bullets
Kawi Light Bar w/55watt bulbs
Kury PowerPoint
Kury Brake Light Kit
ISO-Grips W/Throttle Boss
VistaCruise Throttle lock
LeatherLyke Hard Bags
Pirelli MT66 W/Dynabeads

2000 Voyager XII Stock equipped

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Under-tank accessory connectors

Great information, guys. Thanks.

I'm planning on tying into the headlight circuit, too. I've read too much in other forum posts about avoiding the accessory circuit to want to risk that. And it's handy to limit the power to the accessory to just when the headlight is on. I've done that before with other bikes so I'm not worried about doing it. I'd just been thinking that, since the bike has an accessory circuit, I should try to use it. Turns out, not!

If I end up buying the Gerbing heated insoles and glove liners, I'll go to the battery directly.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Keep the shiny side up!

Mine: 2009 Vulcan 900 LT (did own a 2006 LT before this one)
Wife's: 2006 Vulcan 900 LT
Best bike ever: Vulcan 900 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode