Bag Brace with Cobra sissybar - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Bag Brace with Cobra sissybar

I got the OEM kawi bag brace with a cobra sissybar, and the sissybar fits great, and I upgraded it with a mustang pad (and mustang 2-up seat... stock cobra pad for sale in classifieds).

I decided I'd install the bags, and I don't think there is a way to keep the sissybar and run the bag brace (basically a italic u shape bar that bolts where the rear fender trim and said sissybar bolts to) with the hardware included with the kit.

Does anyone have any solution to this?
-matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM

I have the cobra back rest with some cobra saddle bag mounts and no-name saddle bags that look like saddleman. The saddle bag mounts came with some bolts and spacers, but watch out because it seemed that the bolt lengh was not correct and the pitch was slightly off on one bolt. It took a couple of trips to the auto parts store to get some bolts that were the correct pitch and length. I also bought some fender washers for both the inside and back of the saddle bags. It took a few hours to drill the holds and get the right sized bolts and spacers, but I made it work. Three hands is helpful.

I put the bolt through the fender washer / saddle bag / fender washer / saddle bag mount / cobra backrest mount / spacer.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 12:37 PM

I have a corbra sissybar and I added custom made brackets for my hardbags. You can go to Sears or Ace Hardware and they sell metric stainless button head screws in various lengths. I can't remember without looking but I think they were 8mm x 1 or 1.25 pitch. The hardware stores also sell chromed spacers in various thicknesses starting at 1/4" in 1/8" increments. The spacers are sold in fractional sizes so the hole will be alittle oversize for the metric bolts, I think I had to go to 3/8"id for the spacers. You should be able to buy everything you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode