Lowers / buffetting - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Lowers / buffetting

Ok, after driving my 900 with some sport bikes on the highway, my head just about shook off. The buffetting was so bad my vision was blurred. I've adjusted my shield previously and now have it just about even with the bottom of my nose.

Is installing lowers what I should be doing about this buffetting?

What is the difference between the oem lowers that are for bikes with a light bar and without?

If I may get a lightbar in the future, do i need to get the lowers now that will fit a lightbar?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 01:58 PM

Have a 900 Classic LT. I bought the OEM lowers for a light bar even though I do not have one thinking I may get one later. Put them on and they help a bunch but still bothered me that they had a 2" gap between them and the stock turn signal. Called around and found a piece of 3/16 inch lexan at a local supply vendor for about $25. Sketched a new set of lowers 2" taller on the lexan, cut out with my jigsaw and sanded edges smooth with 300 grit paper. They look good as OEM and now I have both sets. Tried this first with a piece of plexiglas I had at the house and its way to brittle so find some lexan. Can't tell the taller lower changed the wind much though. Do not have a picture or I would post one. Be careful of the width. The OEM lowers just barely touch my Cobra engine guard at full handlebar lock.

Ron
Southern Crusiers, Chapter #6
2009 Vulcan 900 LT Red/Titanium
Kury Iso Grips and Throttle Lock
Cobra Guard w/Kury Foot Rests
Kawa Windshield Lowers
Scootworks Pulley
Cobra Luggage Rack
Wolo BadBoy Horn

Last edited by TNCarters; 11-23-2009 at 02:20 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 03:38 AM

Check out Roger Matson`s site ironsinthefire.com. Roger fabricates many excellant aftermarket parts for 900`s including some great lowers. I have an OEM wind screen that I was unhappy with and I had talked to others who had OEM lowers and no one seemed completely happy with(that 2or3in. gap). Roger`s lowers snug right up to the bottom of the windscreen and it makes a world of differance. It eliminated that annoying windblown(from all directions) feeling and I was able to cruise at 65-75 with NO buffeting. I recently added a Cobra L/B and had to cut a 1in notch in them but it`s an easy fix and it didn`t change the quality of my ride. Check out his site and tell him willyworld sent you. Will

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 AM

Check out this thread from a couple weeks back. https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4822

2009 Vulcan 900LT Red/Titanium

OEM Passenger boards
OEM Windshield Bag
OEM Engine Guard
Windshield Lowers
Phat II risers
Cobra Lightbar
Cobra Luggage Rack
Kury Triple Wammy
Mustang Seat and passenger backrest
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 12:47 PM

jfarley, nuff said, Will
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 01:45 PM

Windshield Lowers

Thanks willyworld and jfarley, good referrals, trying hard to fill the niche and make riding more pleasurable for all. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families, may God bless you richly with food, family, fun, and safe cruisin', Rog and Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode