900 LT lowers - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

900 LT lowers

HI folks,

I am convinced that I need lowers on my 2007 Vulcan 900 LT. The Kawy set is pretty pricey. I keep running into the name Edmunds but I can't figure out a way to contact him. I have seen a couple of good plans for home built. The price of aluminum is up so that isn't cheap either.

Any other manufactures out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 06:25 PM

I got you covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpatzwald View Post
HI folks,

I am convinced that I need lowers on my 2007 Vulcan 900 LT. The Kawy set is pretty pricey. I keep running into the name Edmunds but I can't figure out a way to contact him. I have seen a couple of good plans for home built. The price of aluminum is up so that isn't cheap either.

Any other manufactures out there?
I bought the Kaw OEM lowers at www.shopxps.com They are a Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer in NJ and they are by far the cheapest place online to buy OEM parts and acc. The lowers with them are $131 Check them out and let me know if I can help any further

"KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND BE SAFE"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pasnbyu

Pearl City Life Riders RC
'11 Voyager aka "THE UNIT"
Utopia Backrest
Mirror Extensions
Kury Offset Pegs
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 05:15 AM

Garage
I'm convinced I need lowers too. Thanks for that link pasnbyu, but I'm trying to find them listed on this site. Am I missing something? I followed the links, brought up the parts list for 2009 Vulcan 900LT but I don't see Lowers (or Windshields either for that matter) listed anywhere. I must be dense or it's just too early in the morning.

'09 900LT
—Mustang Wide Studded Touring Seat
—Metz ME 880s
—Irons In The Fire lowers
—Küry Iso Grips w/Throttle Boss
...and a bunch of other little stuff

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 03:09 PM

Vulcan 900 Lowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestLake_900LT View Post
I'm convinced I need lowers too. Thanks for that link pasnbyu, but I'm trying to find them listed on this site. Am I missing something? I followed the links, brought up the parts list for 2009 Vulcan 900LT but I don't see Lowers (or Windshields either for that matter) listed anywhere. I must be dense or it's just too early in the morning.
You might take a look at mine, have had lots of good feedback, big enough to do the job, chrome plates match windshield plates, very solid with good chrome and really reduces the "buffeting" to nil, especially for the passenger, wife loves them.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 03:16 PM

I picked up my Kaw lowers from eBay, at better than list. Yes, they are the most expensive, but imho, the best looking.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy13 View Post
You might take a look at mine, have had lots of good feedback, big enough to do the job, chrome plates match windshield plates, very solid with good chrome and really reduces the "buffeting" to nil, especially for the passenger, wife loves them.
Say, those are nice looking! I especially like how they snug up to the windshield making a more complete barrier to wind. They look like they belong on the bike and now are definitely on my "short list" of things to get in the very near future! Thanks for the tip, Waterboy. You'll probably be hearing from me soon.

'09 900LT
—Mustang Wide Studded Touring Seat
—Metz ME 880s
—Irons In The Fire lowers
—Küry Iso Grips w/Throttle Boss
...and a bunch of other little stuff
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 AM

Vulcan 900 Lowers

You are welcome! Making the shield snug up against the windshield behind the turn signal certainly eliminates the wind through that gap that comes up around the tank, quite strange aerodynamics of the wind around and up from the tank on the 900, you honestly won't believe the difference, it was my first "creation" for my bike. You can hang your hand/arm down by your side and out and the wind doesn't blow it away! I've had a South Dakota "ringneck" pheasant bounce off mine at 45mph, saving my leg and did no damage to the lower or bike, they have caught many a bug and road debris from passing motorists. The adjustable feature will let you raise them as you raise the windshield if that is an issue. Coming soon is a "Windshield Tilt Mod Kit" with both vertical and rearward tilt option replacing the factory brackets on the windshield which should help with buffeting even more and make the windshield more pleasing to the eye by being in alignment with the forks. I will never have a bike without the lowers again. Thanks again, would love to be able to help (a displaced Minnesotan from Spicer!). Click on site photos to open more.
http://ironsinthefire.webs.com/apps/photos/
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 12:25 PM

Are lowers really the answer? Depending on wind direction I get buffeting as low as 50mph. Over 60mph sometimes it gets unbearable. The problem I have is that I wear glasses with my full face helmet and when the helmet starts vibrating my glasses vibrate along with it. Makes me want to hurl. I'm 5'6" and have the wind shield as low as it will go. Still cannot see over the top of the wind shield. I was wondering if that was the problem. If lowers are the answer that would be great!

2009 Vulcan 900LT Red/Titanium

OEM Passenger boards
OEM Windshield Bag
OEM Engine Guard
Windshield Lowers
Phat II risers
Cobra Lightbar
Cobra Luggage Rack
Kury Triple Wammy
Mustang Seat and passenger backrest
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM

Memphis Shades sell lowers in different colors at reasonable cost.

http://www.memphisshades.com/lowers.shtml
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy13 View Post
You are welcome! Making the shield snug up against the windshield behind the turn signal certainly eliminates the wind through that gap that comes up around the tank, quite strange aerodynamics of the wind around and up from the tank on the 900, you honestly won't believe the difference, it was my first "creation" for my bike. You can hang your hand/arm down by your side and out and the wind doesn't blow it away! I've had a South Dakota "ringneck" pheasant bounce off mine at 45mph, saving my leg and did no damage to the lower or bike, they have caught many a bug and road debris from passing motorists. The adjustable feature will let you raise them as you raise the windshield if that is an issue. Coming soon is a "Windshield Tilt Mod Kit" with both vertical and rearward tilt option replacing the factory brackets on the windshield which should help with buffeting even more and make the windshield more pleasing to the eye by being in alignment with the forks. I will never have a bike without the lowers again. Thanks again, would love to be able to help (a displaced Minnesotan from Spicer!). Click on site photos to open more.
http://ironsinthefire.webs.com/apps/photos/
Will these lowers work with an OEM lightbar? It looks like they would mount behind one if it were there

2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Red / Silver
Waterboy's lowers - modded slightly to fit the lightbar
Mustang Studded Seat
Cobra Lightbar
Phat 1 Risers
Rear floorboards-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode