Power Commander V - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Power Commander V

Unfortunately, it's been raining all week so I haven't got to ride much. But over the weekend I installed the PCV and took about a 45min drive with it installed.

Works fine on my 2008! No huge difference that I could feel... but then again I'm stock save for debaffled pipes so I wasn't expecting much. I got a killer deal on a used unit, so I jumped on it for future work I have planned.

Anyways, thought I would pass on that it DOES work for pre -2009 models

Dieseler

2008 Vulcan Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 PM

Hi Dieseler,
I also got a good deal on a PC5 and fitted it recently. I noted that the Map that was loaded was for a VN2000. I tried to find Maps for the 900 on-line and by asking Dynojet but none would upload into the PC5.
Yesterday I took it into a Dynojet Tune-Station and they had the devils own job getting it right.
They said that the Firmware in the PC5 has been updated but mine hadn't and that most of the Maps available for the 900 were for the PC3. Anyway, they managed to tune it up and it seems to run much better. It will be interesting to download the Map from the PC5 at the weekend and have a look at it. I have Roadhouse Pipes and a Kuryakyn STD Hypercharger. I would recommend having the PC5 tuned by a Dealer as they can tweak it specifically for your bike.

HoraceG
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Getting the new firmware to upload was the only problem I had. But dynojet emailed me a file that worked first try. I used the "stock" map from the website since I am basically stock. After I get some mods done, I'll get a custom tune or an Autoune module.

I had seen a lot of questions on the board about pre-09 capatibilty and just want to post up that yes, it works!

2008 Vulcan Custom

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Tuning Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoraceG View Post
Hi Dieseler,
I also got a good deal on a PC5 and fitted it recently. I noted that the Map that was loaded was for a VN2000. I tried to find Maps for the 900 on-line and by asking Dynojet but none would upload into the PC5.
Yesterday I took it into a Dynojet Tune-Station and they had the devils own job getting it right.
They said that the Firmware in the PC5 has been updated but mine hadn't and that most of the Maps available for the 900 were for the PC3. Anyway, they managed to tune it up and it seems to run much better. It will be interesting to download the Map from the PC5 at the weekend and have a look at it. I have Roadhouse Pipes and a Kuryakyn STD Hypercharger. I would recommend having the PC5 tuned by a Dealer as they can tweak it specifically for your bike.

HoraceG
I'm considering a PC V and need to consider the setup cost as part of the cost. Would you mind revealing your setup cost at the Tuning Center?

Thnaks, Andy

09 Vulcan 900 Custom - Traveller
09 FZ 6 - Lakota
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 12:12 AM

Tuning Cost

Hi Shiloh,

Tuning cost was 100.00 (I'm in the UK) which, with the way the UK Pound is going at the moment, probably equates to $101.0

HoraceG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode