Iridium spark plugs - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Iridium spark plugs

OK.So a few months ago read about how great this ngk iridium plugs were.So being I am so cheap I look high and low for the best price.Found them at a local parts house.(it was a chain company) They said they were $6.49 each.Great,I go to pick them up. Oh sorry we don't have them in stock.But can order them and have in 5-7 days. Fine. order them and call when they get here.They did 14 days later. I go to pick up and they try to charge me $5.00 shipping on each plug.I told them what they could do with them.I could of ordered on line and had them in 3 day for that. Well they droped the shipping I payed for 2 plugs and went home. The plugs are great. The bike runs better than ever. I went on line to there main office and told them about the long wait and trying to get shipping.Felt better and just forgot about.Sunday 8:30 am the store calls.This is 2 months after I got them.They said I paid for 4 plugs and only got 2 and could come get them.I said no I paid for 2 at $6.49 each.They said they charge me to much and I still have 2 plugs to pick up.So monday I go and get 2 more plugs Free no shipping no any thing.I said thank you and went home.My lucky day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davego View Post
OK.So a few months ago read about how great this ngk iridium plugs were.So being I am so cheap I look high and low for the best price.Found them at a local parts house.(it was a chain company) They said they were $6.49 each.Great,I go to pick them up. Oh sorry we don't have them in stock.But can order them and have in 5-7 days. Fine. order them and call when they get here.They did 14 days later. I go to pick up and they try to charge me $5.00 shipping on each plug.I told them what they could do with them.I could of ordered on line and had them in 3 day for that. Well they droped the shipping I payed for 2 plugs and went home. The plugs are great. The bike runs better than ever. I went on line to there main office and told them about the long wait and trying to get shipping.Felt better and just forgot about.Sunday 8:30 am the store calls.This is 2 months after I got them.They said I paid for 4 plugs and only got 2 and could come get them.I said no I paid for 2 at $6.49 each.They said they charge me to much and I still have 2 plugs to pick up.So monday I go and get 2 more plugs Free no shipping no any thing.I said thank you and went home.My lucky day!!!
Same thing happened to me at O'Reillys, including the later phone call!

Ron in Cincinnati

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 04:47 PM
twp

Garage
I did the same thing. Had O'reilly auto parts order them. An when I was there they said nothing about shipping on them. A week or so later they called said they were in. When I went to get them they were $6.95 each an $5 shipping for each plug. I told the guy I was never told about the shipping. If I had known that I would have went the next block down an got them from the Honda dealer. Anyway they dropped the shipping an I got the for the $6.95. I think they are a pretty stand up auto parts store.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 AM

whats the part number?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Ngk cpr7eaix-9 (9198)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode