Cheap Windshield? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Cheap Windshield?

Wondering if anybody has tried one of these on a Vulcan 900 or other bike? I'm looking for something just to knock the wind down. Not expecting super quality or anything but curious if they are decent enough to use. Any thoughts are appreciated as always.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-Windsh...600dd4&vxp=mtr

2013 HD Super Glide Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2015/Kawasaki/Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/Grey
Those look nice.
I'm interested to read too

2015 Voyager Black/Grey
My Latest DriftGhost-S + GOPRO HERO4 MotoVlog: WHEN 2 MOTOVLOGGERS MEET IN KSA!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Top Contributor

I'm curious too. Seems too good to be true for that price.

2013 Honda CB1100
2008 Yamaha yz250f

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 03:50 PM

Garage
It made me curious as well. So....I ordered one but I ordered mine from Mutazu instead of off ebay. It is identical to the ones on ebay but I have had previous dealings with Mutazu so I went that route. When it comes in I'll see how the real product is and post a few pictures up.

dum vita est spes est - While there's life, there's hope
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
It made me curious as well. So....I ordered one but I ordered mine from Mutazu instead of off ebay. It is identical to the ones on ebay but I have had previous dealings with Mutazu so I went that route. When it comes in I'll see how the real product is and post a few pictures up.
Any thoughts you have on it would be appreciated greatly. I was thinking that it might just be more fiddly to get adjust right because of the more "universal" nature of the design but if that's the only real issue then I will get one.

2013 HD Super Glide Custom
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:05 AM

Garage
I really want a batwing for my classic but that is going to take more time while I save up more funds. I am hoping that this will knock some wind over my head and black a few of the bugs that are starting to return. For the price I couldn't help but investigate

I'll certainly let you know how it is as soon as it comes in and I get my hands on it.

dum vita est spes est - While there's life, there's hope
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 AM

I have this windshield in the smoke version. My wife got it for me for christmas. I of course installed it minutes later. but since we have had so much snow the few rides i had with it on were around 45 mph. last week now that spring has actually hit Prescott Arizona i was able to start riding to work and at highway speeds the sucker started tilting back at me. I tightened everything up as tight as i could and yep still tilted back at me! as far as im concerened its JUNK!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 AM

The previous owner of my bike had installed one from memphis shades, fits the custom perfectly.They arent terribly expensive.it gives good protection except your face,its too short for that, and I am 5ft 9.My shield is clear, has no metal crosspieces like the one you posted.

Bikeless and hating it.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky72 View Post
I have this windshield in the smoke version. My wife got it for me for christmas. I of course installed it minutes later. but since we have had so much snow the few rides i had with it on were around 45 mph. last week now that spring has actually hit Prescott Arizona i was able to start riding to work and at highway speeds the sucker started tilting back at me. I tightened everything up as tight as i could and yep still tilted back at me! as far as im concerened its JUNK!
I can see that shield failing, it ties down on handlebars. Might put some kind of rubber between the the bars and the goose neck, I use to use a old tube from a tire to stop things from rotating on handlebars , just hack a patch out

2006 900 LT

Easy Mods
Crash Bars,Rear Tail Lights in Bags,Cooler bag on Sisy Bar,hand made Bag on Windshield,Wally world Cup Holder,Lower Shields,Gas Tank Bib,Baron Front Pulley

**Bikers are hard to find, Bikes are a Dime a Dozen**

My Second Hobby:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here is another Hobby of mine model boats

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieC View Post
I can see that shield failing, it ties down on handlebars. Might put some kind of rubber between the the bars and the goose neck, I use to use a old tube from a tire to stop things from rotating on handlebars , just hack a patch out
Damn i didnt even think about that. great idea! i'll have to do that tonight. thanks for the 411. I was ready to box it up and put it on craigslist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode