Votum's finished build...FINALLY - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Votum's finished build...FINALLY

Hey guys, I've been here awhile...I bought a brand new 2011 Custom SE. It was a terrible purchase because 2 months later I had it stripped to the frame and was rebuilding it...I have it half paid off now, and if I had dumped the money I spent on it into my loan I'd have it paid off lol. So here she is!

I'm thinking about stenciling "Susie" on the side, and the wheels have to be green to match, the rear pulley is going to get painted green tomorrow too probably, no green on the rear.

The headlight, tank, fenders, and sissy bar are plastidipped with charcoal grey base, silver fleck, then clear gloss. The frame is flat black, the green is Olive drab super flat camo paint, rustoleum I think, with silver fleck and clear coat on top.

There are too many mods to list, but if you have questions about any of it let me know!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votum View Post
...I have it half paid off now, and if I had dumped the money I spent on it into my loan I'd have it paid off lol.
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like whenever I've used someone else's money to purchase something, there was something in the agreement to the effect of keeping the item in such a condition that if I somehow couldn't repay the loan, the the item in question could be resold by the lender to recoup some of their lost revenue.
Granted, this isn't as bad as some I've seen here where as soon as the newly purchased bike is out of sight of the lender, the new "owner" takes a cut-off saw to the frame and immediately lowers the bikes value to about 20% of its purchase price, but where does the right to do this to someone else's property exist?
Or am I just being too old fashioned and unreasonable to believe that you shouldn't do this to someone else's stuff, only to what you actually own outright?

Ron in Cincinnati

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacomutt View Post
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like whenever I've used someone else's money to purchase something, there was something in the agreement to the effect of keeping the item in such a condition that if I somehow couldn't repay the loan, the the item in question could be resold by the lender to recoup some of their lost revenue.
Granted, this isn't as bad as some I've seen here where as soon as the newly purchased bike is out of sight of the lender, the new "owner" takes a cut-off saw to the frame and immediately lowers the bikes value to about 20% of its purchase price, but where does the right to do this to someone else's property exist?
Or am I just being too old fashioned and unreasonable to believe that you shouldn't do this to someone else's stuff, only to what you actually own outright?
Seriously? Maybe I'm old fashioned but when I borrow money I pay my bills. If someone from the bank shows up I'll just pay off the rest. Wasn't looking for financial advice I was making fun of something stupid I did. I don't plan on defaulting and if they start firing soldiers anytime I have enough in savings to pay off all my bills.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votum View Post
Seriously? Maybe I'm old fashioned but when I borrow money I pay my bills. If someone from the bank shows up I'll just pay off the rest. Wasn't looking for financial advice I was making fun of something stupid I did. I don't plan on defaulting and if they start firing soldiers anytime I have enough in savings to pay off all my bills.
Wasn't offering financial advice, just a question of propriety. And don't need to hear about a soldiers dilemma; been there, done that more than once.

Ron in Cincinnati

Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.
.........Bob Seger
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:05 AM

I like the look of the bike,paid off or not.

Bikeless and hating it.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Megatron

Votum's finished build...FINALLY

Holy Mackeral! I think the bike it just awesome. What you did to your property is just fantastic. You've got good taste. I assume its your name on the title for the bike and that your financial institution is listed as lien holder, not owner. Which makes it your property under the law. I vote go ahead and mod away!
Nice ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2008 Vulcan Classic 1500FI
Memphis Shades Windshield
Phat II Risers
Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/Throttle Boss
Kuryakyn Highway Pegs
Ultimate Driver's Seat w/Backrest
Painted side covers to match rest of bike
Luggage rack in place of passenger seat.
Viking Saddlebags
Wide Whitewalls
Laydown License Plate Bracket
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 AM

Garage
I see no pics

I bet my firewall is blocking them. Make Garage!

2012 Vulcan 900 Classic
Detachable Windshield
Saddle bags

:: You know you live in the future, when you require Tech Support to read your book. ::
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm going to go take some in the sun
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Thumbs up

Bike looks great!! Followed your theme all the way through. Nice job!

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Uploading now, I made a garage but those pictures are tiny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode