Might need to sell my 900 custom - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Might need to sell my 900 custom

I dont want to sell it,but i will soon turn 64.My wife's car is 7 years old, and i believe she needs a new car more than i need a new bike.I dont know If I will be able to work beyond 66 due to the economy.After 37 years im at the top of the pay scale.Girls with 5 years experience and half the pay can do my job.I am a male RN,work in ICU.I have already been looking on craigslist at 800cc bikes.I know exactly how i would modify them.To look just like my custom does now, as much as possible.You can pick up a good jap cruiser for $2000.I went for a ride yesterday, man I do love this bike.

Bikeless and hating it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Top Contributor

Garage
I look at it as a ride is a ride, I bought my 900 just cause I wanted something to ride and it was cheap lol, I had no idea what I was buying. I think I could love any bike as long as I was on the road with two wheels

2006 900 LT

Easy Mods
Crash Bars,Rear Tail Lights in Bags,Cooler bag on Sisy Bar,hand made Bag on Windshield,Wally world Cup Holder,Lower Shields,Gas Tank Bib,Baron Front Pulley

**Bikers are hard to find, Bikes are a Dime a Dozen**

My Second Hobby:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Here is another Hobby of mine model boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieC View Post
I look at it as a ride is a ride, I bought my 900 just cause I wanted something to ride and it was cheap lol, I had no idea what I was buying. I think I could love any bike as long as I was on the road with two wheels

I agree.I have owned 19 motorcycles, i have enjoyed all of them,even my harley ultra before it started deconstructing.

Bikeless and hating it.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminded View Post
I dont want to sell it,but i will soon turn 64.My wife's car is 7 years old, and i believe she needs a new car more than i need a new bike.I dont know If I will be able to work beyond 66 due to the economy.After 37 years im at the top of the pay scale.Girls with 5 years experience and half the pay can do my job.I am a male RN,work in ICU.I have already been looking on craigslist at 800cc bikes.I know exactly how i would modify them.To look just like my custom does now, as much as possible.You can pick up a good jap cruiser for $2000.I went for a ride yesterday, man I do love this bike.
I don't know man.... my wife's Kia is 10 years old and still runs fine... is your wife's car done or you forecasting it failing? BTW I love the DFW area... you are in
Worked in Plano, lived in McKinney

I say keep her car running for 4 more years at least... modern cars can do it just like modern bikes...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippydog View Post
I don't know man.... my wife's Kia is 10 years old and still runs fine... is your wife's car done or you forecasting it failing? BTW I love the DFW area... you are in
Worked in Plano, lived in McKinney

I say keep her car running for 4 more years at least... modern cars can do it just like modern bikes...
Her car runs perfectly, i was just thinking about my age and future decreased income.And like it was said by someone else, a bike is a bike for me.I love my vulcan, but would rather be making payments on a car for her.

Bikeless and hating it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleminded View Post
Her car runs perfectly, i was just thinking about my age and future decreased income.And like it was said by someone else, a bike is a bike for me.I love my vulcan, but would rather be making payments on a car for her.
I can see that if you are making bike payments for sure.... I was foolish and assumed you didn't have a payment... so your rational works for me... bikes are luxury items and first to go if you foresee trouble...pick up a bike like you mentioned on CL and ride on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode