FI Light always on after exhaust swap - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2015/Kawasaki/Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/Grey
Question FI Light always on after exhaust swap

Hey guys
I just changed my stockers to Freedoms & very happy with them. My bike is EU with sensors & unfortunately the pipes came w/out ports.
I tried the resistors but I got the 330 ohm 1/4 watt which turned off the FI light for few seconds then one got burned & the light came back on. I'm still searching for 1/2 or 1 watt resistors or any other combination that might work.
Also tried to connect the sensors from the stockers back in & left them hanging but still lights on.

What do you guys think? why it didn't turn off with the sensors from stockers? if I get the right resistors would it go off? what potential harms I might get if I kept it the way it is now?

2015 Voyager Black/Grey
My Latest DriftGhost-S + GOPRO HERO4 MotoVlog: WHEN 2 MOTOVLOGGERS MEET IN KSA!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 AM

Hi,

As i said in one of the other threads i should have resistors from when i did mine which i could ship out to you. Drop me a PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 PM

my bike is also a eu one and i had to remove the o2 censors when i fitted my fi2000 i did not want to go the resistor route and wanted something a little more solid cos i did not like the idea of them blowing or coming lose when i was out miles from home so i found these on ebay i am sure he will ship world wide http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3903687803...84.m1438.l2649
i know this is not for 900 but what i did was emailed them and asked if they would supply one for the 900 which they did it was very easy to fit and has done the job great for the last few months i know it is a little more expensive than the resistors but if you are blowing them then this maybe another option for you
i posted some photos in the Bung Ports for 02 Sensors thread if you want to have a look

2009 custom special edition
kuryakyn iso grips (black)
v&h twin staggered slash cuts (black)
la choppers intake (black)
cobra fi2000r
smoked lenses and tail light
highway hawk sissy bar (black)
highway hawk engine guard (black)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Year/Make/Model: 2015/Kawasaki/Voyager
Color: Black/Grey
I managed to get a hold of bunch of 1/2 & 1 watt 330ohm but still the light comes back on!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eJbz...ature=youtu.be
Anyone have any idea why this happens & how to solve it?

2015 Voyager Black/Grey
My Latest DriftGhost-S + GOPRO HERO4 MotoVlog: WHEN 2 MOTOVLOGGERS MEET IN KSA!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra 1 View Post
my bike is also a eu one and i had to remove the o2 censors when i fitted my fi2000 i did not want to go the resistor route and wanted something a little more solid cos i did not like the idea of them blowing or coming lose when i was out miles from home so i found these on ebay i am sure he will ship world wide http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3903687803...84.m1438.l2649
i know this is not for 900 but what i did was emailed them and asked if they would supply one for the 900 which they did it was very easy to fit and has done the job great for the last few months i know it is a little more expensive than the resistors but if you are blowing them then this maybe another option for you
i posted some photos in the Bung Ports for 02 Sensors thread if you want to have a look
I'm positive if you crack that thing open you'll find nothing more than a series of resistors. Correctly installed, resistors won't be any less reliable than that piece right there. (Though it does offer the advantage of not having to determine WHAT resistors and being easier to install).

Correctly soldered connections (or crimped with a good crimping tool, etc.) should not come loose. If that was a concern you'd never wanna leave home with the bike, it's full of dozens of crimped and soldered connections!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT

Last edited by Romans5.8; 04-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode