Need a larger tire for my custom - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Need a larger tire for my custom

I was supposed to get an 18 inch and wider tire and rim from Britts but they closed their doors without me buying them. Does anyone know where I can find another. I almost lost it on a trip to Alexandria Virginia. Tire fell in a rut and I couldn't get it out. Had to pull over for a good 30-45 min to regroup and I'm no punk. Love my bike and would hate to trade it in because of a tire. Please help.
Sent from my XT901 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Have you thought about swapping for a Classic? You can put the bars and controls from a Custom onto a classic easy peasy. The reason I suggest that instead of a front fork swap (which would also work) is that it's probably going to be difficult and expensive to do, might be cheaper just to trade your custom in for a classic, or even find someone who is willing to trade for it.

Like I said, if you prefer the handlebars and forward controls of the Custom over the wider bars and floorboards of the Classic, that's an easy no fuss swap. It all mounts right up.

Of course, if you COULD find it, you should also be able to bolt a 900 Classic front end right up to your custom, that gives you a much wider tire. I can attest to not having a problem on grated streets or ruts, even though my wife sometimes does on her Shadow 750!

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode