Speaker system - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Speaker system

I am looking to put a speaker system on my vulcan 900 and want to mount them inside my leather saddle bags. Has anyone tried this? Whats the best way to mount it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 AM
BOTM Winner, January 2014

Speaker system

Good luck hearing those at highway speeds unless you're installing a beastly system. I would also question what kind of system you're installing and it's weather resistance. Leather bags are not typically weather proof.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2009 Vulcan 900 Custom Special Edition

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| VROC Number: 30028
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 11:13 PM

Hey C50T, where did you mount your receiver? I own a meanstreak and was looking into upgrading my sound from a set of Pyle speakers to putting a couple 6 inch speakers in my leather bags, but I don't have a front fairing to put a receiver in. Any ideas?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero ABS SE
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Orange SE
Garage
Lots of folks do this! If you use marine grade speakers you shouldn't have an issue. Just be aware that the 900 has a very limited charging system. Too much power in your amp/receiver equipment and you'll find yourself with dim headlights and dead batteries.

Personally, I'd go with an efficient amp with a line-in connection and just use an iPod or something like that for your audio source, eliminating the extra amperage of a receiver. Kicker makes a 50Wx4 RMS amp that is designed for motorcycles, it's really small and it's waterproof. Also pretty efficient and may be okay with the amount of juice you have in the charging system.

"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Romans 5:8 (NIV)

2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE
iPod Connector Kit, Kuryakyn Highway Pegs, Mustang Touring Seat, Marvella's Hitch, Kuryakyn Trailer Wiring Kit, Haul-Master Tag-a-Long Cargo Trailer

2011 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Wife's)

Memphis shades quick-release windshield, OEM Solo Seat, Mustang Fender Bib, Chrome Solo Luggage Rack

Past: 2006 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 02:46 PM

I got a system (

) and need some help on installation. First, where can I mount the amp? I have leather saddlebags but I am not sure if that's the best idea. Also, I am going to mount the speakers on my handlebars. My main issue is is this: I want to connect the power supply to a fuse, but I am not sure how to do this. I saw a video online where the guy attached the power wire to a the hot side of a fuse on his bike. Mainly, I want the system to shut down when I turn off the bike so that I won't have to remember to manually shut it off using a switch that i would have to splice on.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode