Exhaust comparison and experience - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust comparison and experience

Hello all. I'm posting for my brother-in-law. Last year he purchased an 08 vn900 that is stock. He is looking for after market exhaust, and wants a good beefy sound that in not deafening. He previously owned a C50 which had Vance and Hines Crusers and he LOVED those. Sadly they don't make the Crusers for the VN900. We both have a buddy that has a vulcan 800 that has the cobra fatty staggered pipes and that sound is great too. The problem is finding that sound for the 900. Any recommendations? The exhaust clips in the sticky post are helpful, but slightly deceiving because the sound is based on your computer speakers. Anyone have experience with these other pipes, and which set can he buy that will give him the best deep beefy sound, without the high pitch. Thanks in advance for the help.

2008 Vulcan Classic LT
Baron Big Air
Vance & Hines pipes
Throttle lock
Passenger floor boards
Mustang seat with driver backrest
Highway pegs
PCV with Autotune
Kuryakyn power point
Highway bars
Kuryakyn highway pegs
Former owner of a 2008 Honda Rebel
Owner of a 1994 Honda Magna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM

Garage
I have cobra dragsters on mine. Not as loud as most Harley's, but gives a nice rumble and punch to cover up those vulcan noises.

But I was treated mercifully because I didn’t know what I was doing—didn’t know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And all because of Jesus. Here’s a word you can take to heart and depend on: Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. I’m proof—Public Sinner Number One—of someone who could never have made it apart from sheer mercy.

1Tim 1, MESS Bible

2006 Vulcan900 Classic
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:52 PM

I have cobras also and liked the sound but improved on it by replacing the breather with a cobra power-flo. Wow what a difference. It now growls a deep throaty sound because of more air being drawn in. Be sure to use a FI200 fuel manager if you go with cobra.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 VN900 Classic LT (Dragon Theme)
Cobra- Pipes, FI2000, Passenger Floor boards, Engine guard and luggage rack.
Memphis Shade with 9" windshield.
Mustang seat
Chrome covers for neck, radiator, Rear brake Master Cylinder, and regulator.
Kuryakan Grips
RC Components Nitro Chrome wheels w/ Night Dragon Tires.
Çobra Power Flo breather

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM

I have some Vance and Hines Slash-Cut Staggereds, Price was good on those pipes!! at the beginning i don't really love the sound... So I remove the baffles !!! shit very nice sound But to much!!! I talk about this to one old mechanic e own Harleys e explain me want to do and promise me it will sound like no one vulcan. I trust him and now I have a lot of compliment about the sound of my bike the like of the tread : https://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27663

I have now more hole in the and of the baffle
and Like Vulcar my sound improve a lot with the cobra tuner and the air intake!!

Vance and Hines Slash-Cut Staggereds.
LA Chopper intake
Cobra FI2000 PowrPro (auto tune)
Hid head light
Wrap Around LED Fork Turn Signal
Integrated Tail and Turn Signal Kit
side mount plate
HANDLEBAR SANTEE 10" STRAIGHT-UP (harley handlebars)
black exhaust wrap
Kuryakyn BLACK ISO-GRIPS
Black Spear Custom Side Mirrors
Baron 1-2`` Lowering kit
Avon 230 and 90/90
Saddlemen Renegade Solo Seat
secondary butterfly remove
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 07:10 PM

I have the Cobra Speedster longs and Cobra powerflo intake on my 2008 classic.They sound great.

2006 nomad 1600
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 08:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcar View Post
I have cobras also and liked the sound but improved on it by replacing the breather with a cobra power-flo. Wow what a difference. It now growls a deep throaty sound because of more air being drawn in. Be sure to use a FI200 fuel manager if you go with cobra.
Vulcar, can you expound on what these actually do and how they affect the moto? Can there be drawback from the engine getting a different amount of air than it was allowed previously? I have pipes but neither of these other additions. Not familiar with them or what they do. Thanks...

But I was treated mercifully because I didn’t know what I was doing—didn’t know Who I was doing it against! Grace mixed with faith and love poured over me and into me. And all because of Jesus. Here’s a word you can take to heart and depend on: Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. I’m proof—Public Sinner Number One—of someone who could never have made it apart from sheer mercy.

1Tim 1, MESS Bible

2006 Vulcan900 Classic
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 AM

Year/Make/Model: 2015/Kawasaki/Voyager
Displacement/CC's: 1700
Color: Black/Grey
I have Freedom Performance & they sure sound a lot better than the stockers. Louder & even shoots flames on slow decel. But my bike is EU & pipes came w/out ports so I'm facing issues with FI lights & O2 sensors

2015 Voyager Black/Grey
My Latest DriftGhost-S + GOPRO HERO4 MotoVlog: WHEN 2 MOTOVLOGGERS MEET IN KSA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode