multiple sets of handlebars - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

multiple sets of handlebars

Hello fellow riders! Heres my question. does anyone currently have 2 or more sets of handlebars that the switch out every so often? reason why i ask, is because i love both mini apes and drag bar looks on my 12'vn 900 classic se. i have plans of convetting her into a bobber ovet the next several years and like the look of the bike with each style of bars. Im about to pick up a pair from biltwell next week and thought of picking up two sett that i can use at different times. i was just curious if anyone has done the same thing.info and pics of your rides will be appricated as always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 AM

nopes too much work and money for me personally. how ever I would like to get some mini apes and then I'd probably keep my classic bars... So maybe someday?

Father of Rufio

Maria-vn900lt
I've done some things to her
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Top Contributor

I have a 2nd set of bars. They are on a KZ60C3. Changing bars on a single bike is not a quick task. Why do you think that you'd find it necessary to change them once you find a set that fits you and your ride? Just curious. Sorry for the humor.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Well, since i cant afford another bike, a second pair of bars will have to do. its really hard for me to choose another pair of bars. so thats when i thought about having two to choose from that i can change out once or twice a year. for me it would be like having a second bike but without the extra cost. im sure there arent very many people doing this, but i would love to be able to change the look Of the bars a few times a year.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM

Bobby c do you have pics with the mini apes?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonC View Post
Bobby c do you have pics with the mini apes?
I just changed my handlebars and for my 1st time it took around 4hrs.
I can do it now in less than 1/2 the time. With that said..
I think the more you mess with the bolts on the bars. risers, clutch, brake throddle, etc the more chance you take stripping something out or loosening the threads. JMO.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

So after all the info ive received, it looks like im going wth a set of biltwells tracker bars. i'll probably pick them up this weedend. can anyone tell me how to post pictures.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby c View Post
So after all the info ive received, it looks like im going wth a set of biltwells tracker bars. i'll probably pick them up this weedend. can anyone tell me how to post pictures.
Go to manage attachments at the bottom of the post and browse your PC for the picture you want to post. I believe it needs to me a small size this way. Another way is to open a Photobucket or simular account.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby c View Post
Sweet ride, i have the same bike....I'm have the same dilemma!!! Also, did you go with dimpled or non-dimpled?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode