Thinking out loud - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Thinking out loud

Kawasaki offers a nice OEM black sissybar and luggage rack, but only fits the CUSTOM. Argh. Although there's no reason I couldn't use it on my classic. Same for their engine guard/crash bar. Black version only for custom.

Metzeler doesn't offer the 880 wide 200 rear in whitewall, that I can find. I really wanted to upgrade my rear tire to help not only the RPMs, but the speedo, ride, and fill out the rear fender. What other tires do you guys recommend hands-down, besides the ME880? Hopefully I can find a good one in whitewall, or I may just go to blackwall tires altogether. Too bad I can't tell what blackwalls would look like with my paint scheme.

I can't decide if I should go ahead and install my BAK and fuel pak, or wait until the initial service is done. I am scared it somehow may void my warranty? My V&H pipes are already installed, which I don't think will hurt the warranty at all.

'13 Vulcan 900 Classic
V&H Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes
Kuryakyn BLACK Iso grips
Highway Hawk Extreme Fat Bar (black)
Mustang seat with backrest
Klock Werks Kontour Fairing
Kuryakyn Phase 7 LED headlight
Kuryakyn Constellation Light bar
Tsukayu hardbags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Top Contributor

Vee Rubber does make a wide whitewall 200 60R 16, not sure what other sizes it comes in.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM

I had my vauero in the shop for warranty work ith thunder air kit on and cobra fuel tuner on and nothing was said.

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks he head out the car window. Enjoy life.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorblurps View Post
I can't decide if I should go ahead and install my BAK and fuel pak, or wait until the initial service is done. I am scared it somehow may void my warranty? My V&H pipes are already installed, which I don't think will hurt the warranty at all.
It won't. Unless you installed it with a sledgehammer and blowtorch, maybe.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorblurps View Post
Kawasaki offers a nice OEM black sissybar and luggage rack, but only fits the CUSTOM. Argh. Although there's no reason I couldn't use it on my classic. Same for their engine guard/crash bar. Black version only for custom.

Metzeler doesn't offer the 880 wide 200 rear in whitewall, that I can find. I really wanted to upgrade my rear tire to help not only the RPMs, but the speedo, ride, and fill out the rear fender. What other tires do you guys recommend hands-down, besides the ME880? Hopefully I can find a good one in whitewall, or I may just go to blackwall tires altogether. Too bad I can't tell what blackwalls would look like with my paint scheme.

If that is yur bike in the picture, I thought it was a custom,not a classic.I love that paint scheme.It would be my first choice after my flat black one i have now.

Bikeless and hating it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode