Lehman trike kit - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

Lehman trike kit

anyone here used their trike kit on a 900 yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Top Contributor

My wife is interested in this, too. Unfortunately Alaska offers some challenges to getting a kit up here, and there are no authorized Lehman dealers/installers up here. Would have to ship the bike down to the lower 48 to get it done, then ride it back up. I'd sure hate that! LOL

"Don't sweat the small stuff---it's all small stuff"

'09 650 VStrom
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

the wife has had TWO shoulder surgeries and one knee surgery, she's barely able to ride. I was wondering if a trike would be any easier to steer vs the bike.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 PM

I have ridden a few trikes and some have been hard to handle for me. I think it requires getting use to. Seems you have to force the turn. Not sure it would be good for a bad shoulder. Take her out for some test rides sometime. I would do this before spending the big bucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 VN900 Classic LT (Dragon Theme)
Cobra- Pipes, FI2000, Passenger Floor boards, Engine guard and luggage rack.
Memphis Shade with 9" windshield.
Mustang seat
Chrome covers for neck, radiator, Rear brake Master Cylinder, and regulator.
Kuryakan Grips
RC Components Nitro Chrome wheels w/ Night Dragon Tires.
Çobra Power Flo breather
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

vulcan trike

that's the issue, there are no trike dealers around here, really don't have access to a vulcan trike, hoping to find someone who's had the opportunity to have driven one.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 07:45 PM

I have the Lehman Storm. It's built on the Vulcan 900. They come from Lehman with a built in front rake. They are super easy to steer,but I don't have shoulder problems so it would be hard to tell someone else they won't have any isues. The Trike is a blast to ride and we love it. I'm 66 with bad knees and this Trike has been better than Soft Bubble gum in the winter. These are bought through Kawi Dealers. Lehman won't sell the kit to private individuals. If she decides to try one out,be sure it has the Easy Steer option or it will probably be way too much work for her!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

vulcan trike

On the Lehman website, it list dealers and pricing for the kits. Any idea what the dealers ask for installation?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:13 AM

I have no clue what the dealer would charge for the conversion. With the Storm, Kawi dealers sent the bike to Lehman and they did the conversion. That is the only kit that I am aware of for the Vulcan 900.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Top Contributor

If you look at Lehman's site, they list the trike kit price separately. Obviously, you can buy just the trike kit w/o having to buy a new bike, yes?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark edward marchiafava View Post
If you look at Lehman's site, they list the trike kit price separately. Obviously, you can buy just the trike kit w/o having to buy a new bike, yes?
It would seem so. I think Lehman introduced the Storm as a complete unit when it first came out. I didn't read anything on their site that suggested they won't sell the kit to individuals, however, I have a friend in Idaho who does Champion trike conversions and he says the trike manufacturers will normally only sell the kits to convert an existing bike to approved dealers and those who are authorized by the manufacturer to do the conversions. I suspect this has more to do with liability concerns than anything else, as licensed dealers are trained by the manufacturer on how to properly assemble and install the conversion kits. They don't want someone doing a conversion, doing it improperly, then suing the manufacturer when something goes wrong. Besides, only an authorized dealer can perform warranty work.

"Don't sweat the small stuff---it's all small stuff"

'09 650 VStrom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode