No fast iddle - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

No fast iddle

Today when I started the bike this morning for the first time, i noticed there was no fast iddle, it normally starts with a fastiddle for a minute or two.
This is not the first time this happens, but it is not always.
Does this happens to anyone else, do you know what could this be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 AM
Lifetime Premium

Since you are in Panama, do you notice a difference on days that are especially warm (even for Panama)? Might relative humidity also affect the ECM's reading of the atmosphere?

2008 VN900 Custom
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

To tell you the truth, I did not comsider weather conditions.
Right now we are on the dry season, and it happened yesterday, but it also happened a few weeks ago when it was raining a lot, like tropical rain forest type of rain.
I'll be paying attention to the temps, bc on this season it is 22C in the mornings, in the afternoons it can get up to 36-38,39, sometimes 40-41, with a relative humidity of 68%, during the rainy humidity is inthe high 90's pretty much all the time

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleco View Post
Today when I started the bike this morning for the first time, i noticed there was no fast iddle, it normally starts with a fastiddle for a minute or two.
This is not the first time this happens, but it is not always.
Does this happens to anyone else, do you know what could this be?
Just a couple of questions. How old is your bike? When was the last time you changed plugs? What RPM does the bike idle at after it's warmed up? How would you rate the engine speed when it does start with a fast idle?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
Just a couple of questions. How old is your bike? When was the last time you changed plugs? What RPM does the bike idle at after it's warmed up? How would you rate the engine speed when it does start with a fast idle?
My bike is from 2009, Splugs never been changed just yet. The rpms i gues is less than 1k/min, I'm actually not sure on the nomenclature, but it is normal after the it is warmed up. Whet it starts with the fast idle is faster than normal but not too fast, i cild say is normal fast idle comparing what I hqve seen around.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleco View Post
My bike is from 2009, Splugs never been changed just yet. The rpms i gues is less than 1k/min, I'm actually not sure on the nomenclature, but it is normal after the it is warmed up. Whet it starts with the fast idle is faster than normal but not too fast, i cild say is normal fast idle comparing what I hqve seen around.
I think sfair would agree that changing the plugs would be a good start. Next, the cold start idle can be adjusted without touching your normal idle adjustment. You will have to remove the air cleaner assembly to get at the throttle body. There's a screw on the pulley that the throttle cables are attached to that can be turned counter clockwise (turned out) to increase the cold start idle speed. You will need to have someone hold the throttle wide open to access this screw.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot, I'll look into that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode