How Do I Stop the Email Notification on Subscribed Threads? - Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

How Do I Stop the Email Notification on Subscribed Threads?

Something isn't working correctly in the "Options" setup on my Control Panel. I have repeatedly requested that I NOT be notified by email of posts to threads that I'm subscribed to, but I continue to get emails notifying me of these posts.

I would like to stop these email notifications, but can't get them stopped. Can some moderator help me with this issue? I would sure appreciate it if they could.

Thanks.

My Current Rides
2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2005 Harley Electra Glide Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Actually found it.....

1) Go to "User CP"
2) Settings & Options
3) Edit Options
4) Messaging & Notifications
5) Default Thread Subscription Mode
6) Select in the drop down menu "No email notification"

This will allow you to subscribe to a thread without the email.

Should be good to go....

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic

Last edited by bosco; 01-20-2013 at 12:19 AM.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco View Post
Actually found it.....

1) Go to "User CP"
2) Settings & Options
3) Edit Options
4) Messaging & Notifications
5) Default Thread Subscription Mode
6) Select in the drop down menu "No email notification"

This will allow you to subscribe to a thread without the email.

Should be good to go....
Yep, that's precisely what I've done about 4 or 5 times, but I'm still getting the email notifications. What's next?

My Current Rides

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Top Contributor

Year/Make/Model: 2017 Vaquero ABS
Displacement/CC's: 1700 cc
Color: Candy Cardinal Red
Garage
set up an account with a free email service (yahoo, gmail,...) and reset your email notification address to that one. That way they can send all the emails they want and you'll only see them when you feel like looking. I do this with EVERY site I have to register for. I check the address roughly once a month to clean it out and see if there's anything I should keep or respond to.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJB View Post
set up an account with a free email service (yahoo, gmail,...) and reset your email notification address to that one. That way they can send all the emails they want and you'll only see them when you feel like looking. I do this with EVERY site I have to register for. I check the address roughly once a month to clean it out and see if there's anything I should keep or respond to.
I suppose that would work, but my problem is that I use my gmail account for all email...... including from this site. Guess I'm just screwed unless I can get a moderator to make a change to something.

My Current Rides
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJB View Post
I like this idea. I think I'll change mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas63 View Post
I suppose that would work, but my problem is that I use my gmail account for all email...... including from this site. Guess I'm just screwed unless I can get a moderator to make a change to something.
Yep. Need a moderator or admins help. Good luck.

"Freedom is Loving what you do, and the ability to Pursue It!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 900 Classic
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Top Contributor

Garage
I go one step further and choose "Do not subscribe" from the options page. Also, any time you reply, if you click "Go Advanced" first you can scroll down to Additional Options and choose your subscription or lack thereof before you post.

Just to make sure, after your changed your options, you went to the bottom of the page and clicked "Save Changes" right? Not an insult to your intelligence but if you aren't familiar with the software it may not be obvious.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graybush View Post
I go one step further and choose "Do not subscribe" from the options page. Also, any time you reply, if you click "Go Advanced" first you can scroll down to Additional Options and choose your subscription or lack thereof before you post.

Just to make sure, after your changed your options, you went to the bottom of the page and clicked "Save Changes" right? Not an insult to your intelligence but if you aren't familiar with the software it may not be obvious.
Yes, I clicked on "Save Changes". No offense taken for the suggestion. I've been known to overlook the obvious before.

I suppose that I could choose not to subscribe, but really I'd like to be subscribed to any thread that I start or post in. I just don't need a half dozen or so email notifications in my In-Box each day telling me that someone else has posted on the threads.

Oh well, it's not a big deal. I can live with it. It's just a minor inconvenience. I'm just puzzled as to why the software isn't working correctly in my case.

Thanks

My Current Rides
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Top Contributor

are you just getting notifications from threads you have already subscribed too, or are you getting e-mails from new threads?

1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Top Contributor

I was just wondering if those UserCP settings are only proactive with subscribed threads and not retroactive. If so you may want to go to the UserCP settings and then go to "List Subscriptions" and then delete all the ones you have already subscribed too.

1985 Honda Nighthawk 650 (First Bike)
2004 Vulcan 1500 Classic (First Big Bike)
2007 Vulcan 1600 Meanstreak (Love Affair)
1999 Yamaha 1100 V-Star Custom (Right Price at the Time)
2008 V2K Classic (Favorite Vulcan)
2014 HD Ultra Limited (Bells and Whistles)
Who would have thought I would grow up to become "Spatially Educated" and play Connect-the-Dots for a living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode